Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nascar race seating

Nascar race seating

Hi!

My husband is a T10 para, and I would love to buy tickets for him for a Nascar race in 2007, but I am concerned about the seating and making sure it will be accessible. I was thinking the Las Vegas race in March 2007 (selfishlyI want to get away from the cold MN winter for a few days!)

Anyone here been to a Nextel cup race? How were the seats? Did you contact the track directly to determine accessibility information or use a travel service?

Any assistance would be appreciated. We just hit the 5 year mark post-injury and the guy is way bummed out in general, I would love to put a big smile on his face!

Jen

Jen-
    ALWAYS call the track directly...If you go to www.nascar.com and choose the race you want to go to, it'll bring you to www.racetickets.com and from there, it'll give you the phone number of the track. Usually you need to call for accessible seats anyway. I called MIS(Michigan) for the Father's Day race about a week before and they still had accessible tix. I ended up not going but they had great seats, were VERY informative about where on the track had the best views, what level in the grandstand had the best views, etc...I can't vouch for EVERY track being this great and helpful, but the staff at MIS was....NOW, as far as GOING to a track, I've been to Daytona I went to the 500 this year, was infield, in the "Fan Zone" for the race. It's a WONDERFUL area to watch the race from. You can watch from behind pit road or on top of the garages. You can also watch the work going on during race in the garages. There are pre-race activities going on there too.

I HIGHLY recommend going to a track that has a "Fan Zone" if Vegas has one, DEF get "fan zone" passes and spend some time in that area...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

The only cup race I've been to post-injury was Richmond and my experience there was fantastic.

The seating was great and there was even a bathroom that was to be used only by disabled patrons.
    "Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me" ~Sarah McLachlan

My husband is a para and just went to the race in Atlanta this past weekend. He said that the seats were great and the whole place was very accessible. We called the track directly for info.

I have been to almost every track but Vegas and a few of the newer ones but always call the track and ask for the handicapped seating. Some tracks will even give you a parking pass.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

the seats (spaces) here a tms are on start/finish...premium seats at reg price...most tracks great spots for chairs...nascars very good to us at most venues....wish i could afford to go this weekend

Justa is right, the Texas Motor Speedway seating is great for w/c's, I go every race. Not all are on start/finish though. They are spread all along the main seating stands.

The track setup is great, the the mezzanine/entrance/you name it level is flush with the h/c seats. The stands go up and down from this level. This gives you a full view of the whole track, but close enough to see rubber flying off the tires as they go by. And first row below you is low enough that even if people stand you still see over them.

Each section of the main stands has its own h/c platform seating with ~8 w/c spots and benches for companion seats. You can get 2 companion tickets for each w/c ticket.

There are even handicap only bathrooms which are huge.

You call the TMS Track directly to get h/c tickets.

Our Spring race weather is great, usually Fall is nice too, but this weekend is gonna be cool and possible rain.

I highly recommend a Nextel Race, it is waayyy cool.

Go Mark Martin!
    Last edited by McDuff; 11-03-2006 at 12:37 AM.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

So McD, ya gonna be there this Sun huh? Throw a few cheers Jr's way will ya? PLEASE!!! You HAVE seen the pics of my new chair right? I've gotta get my E stripes and 8 printed out on photo/window film paper...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Yup 'Chelle, gonna be there sat & sun. I'll definitely toss a few cheers(and beers ) for Jr. If MM isn't gonna take the Championship, and it looks doubtful, Jr. would be a good 2nd choice.

Yeah, I've seen your pics, cool chair there Lassy(not to be confused w/ Lassie) I'm starting to get new chair envy w/ y'all posting such sweet rides. It would look fine w/ some Jr. "bling".
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

YEAH! Take some sweet pics this weekend I specifically chose my chair colors so that I could adorn it with Jr decals. hence why I call it my "Budweiser" chair. Thanks fer the compliments....NOW, I DO hope that MM does well, it is his last full time year afterall..and he's a good driver too.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03