Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning sensation in my throat and chest..

Burning sensation in my throat and chest..

I suddenly feel discomfort or a burning sensation in my throat and chest usually after eating spicy and oily food why is it happening so does anyone have any idea?

Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.....

it could just be acid reflux.my hubby suffers from this and takes prilosec every single day now.or there could be other causes such as gall bladder.this really should be evaluated by your doc soon as that acid,if it is coming back up into the lower esophagus,can actually start burning that delicate tissue at the lower end where it meets the stomach.just see your doc about this before it gets out of hand,and for a proper Dx of it.marcia

Yep, see your doctor. It can eventually turn into esophageal cancer. My dad has it and trust me, you don't want it.

Yo Jack, long time no see! You surviving ok?

I went to a doctor he said its just an infection...and he gave me some medicines for it but it works for a while after sometime i get the pain again..
    does "prilosec" works

It has helped my husband ALOT.there are other similar meds out there too.while this may not be acid reflux,you really wont know for sure unless your thoat is actually scoped with a special scope,although my hubbys doc knew right away that this was most likely his problem just by describing his symptoms.also my hubbys brother died from esophogeal cancer,and Bethany is right,it is a horrible cancer to have.you just need to be sure that this(acid reflux not the cancer.this is also called GERD) is not the actual problem espescially since it is really really common to have these days.you can always just buy some prilosec over the counter and just try it for about a week yourself,and see if it helps at all.if it does,well then it is probably the acid reflux,and you should tell your doc about your little experiment.hope this helped some.so sorry about your dad bethany.i know its tough.Marcia

Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    It has helped my husband ALOT.there are other similar meds out there too.while this may not be acid reflux,you really wont know for sure unless your thoat is actually scoped with a special scope,although my hubbys doc knew right away that this was most likely his problem just by describing his symptoms.also my hubbys brother died from esophogeal cancer,and Bethany is right,it is a horrible cancer to have.you just need to be sure that this(acid reflux not the cancer.this is also called GERD) is not the actual problem espescially since it is really really common to have these days.you can always just buy some prilosec over the counter and just try it for about a week yourself,and see if it helps at all.if it does,well then it is probably the acid reflux,and you should tell your doc about your little experiment.hope this helped some.so sorry about your dad bethany.i know its tough.Marcia
    Ok i will try this too....Thank you for your help

let us know how it goes Jack.good luck,i really hope it can offer you some relief.Marcia

It is great its helping me a lot......

very very glad to hear that.make sure you speak to your doc about this and mostly the fact that it IS helping.because of the time spent with the stomach acid popping up into the lower part of your throat,your doc may want to just take a peek at it to make sure there are no erosions.but with the prilosec doing its job,any erosions should eventua;lly heal ontheir own.but you need to get sort of a baseline of where things are at right now,just to make sure later on when he checks you again that he actually sees healing and nothing new,simply a precaution you should probably follow.better safe than sorry.i really am glad it is helping,i know watching my hubby deal with this was horrible for me,i can only imagine what it actually feels like to have.good luck,marcia