Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: exist life after death?

exist life after death?

i have been in coma 3 weeks after my injury,i was not dead of course but i met the dark side and the light side .i strongly belive that life do not stop after the body dies.what is your opinion regarding this subject?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I believe theres something.Dont know what or who might be responsible for what ever it is.Im a strong believer in ghosts and spirits,and yes,Bigfoot and UFO's also..

Energy is never lost, it just transforms. What do you want to become in your next life?

My belief is that death is like sleep, it is an unconscious state. "There is no knowledge or perception in the grave."

Then we are resurrected and receive consciousness again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Energy is never lost, it just transforms. What do you want to become in your next life?
    i would like to be me again,ab.of course.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

will you choose hell ,or heaven?
    • Dum spiro, spero.

The only life after death I can beleive in, is the physical recycling of the molecules that makes up my body. I certainly do not beleive in any kind of soul or spiritual afterlife and I find those concepts too bizarre to be serious possibilities.

Adi,

Science has not answered the question of life after death. On the other hand, there have been some interesting speculations and questions about life after death.

If death is a one-way street, i.e. people who die go to heaven or hell without returning, it must be getting awfully crowded in those places. All the people who have ever lived and died are piling up there. The number of people who have died far outnumber the number of people who currently live.

Of course some religions emphasize reincarnation, i.e. the person can return in the body of another person. This would solve the problem of too many souls in heaven and hell. However, it raises an interesting question.

Do people retain all or some of their memories after death? If people don't remember, it is a moot issue whether you live or are gone after death. On the other hand, if you do retain your memory, what form does it take? After all, your brain presumably is gone.

Another question is what happens to your genes. Once you die, your genes are presumably gone. If you reincarnate into the body of another person or organism, your genes would be different. If so, are you really yourself, if you have a different set of genes and have no memory of your previous life?

Wise.
    Last edited by Wise Young; 10-29-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Adi,

Science has not answered the question of life after death. On the other hand, there have been some interesting speculations and questions about life after death.

If death is a one-way street, i.e. people who die go to heaven or hell without returning, it must be getting awfully crowded in those places. All the people who have ever lived and died are piling up there. The number of people who have died far outnumber the number of people who currently live.

Of course some religions emphasize reincarnation, i.e. the person can return in the body of another person. This would solve the problem of too many souls in heaven and hell. However, it raises an interesting question.

Do people retain all or some of their memories after death? If people don't remember, it is a moot issue whether you live or are gone after death. On the other hand, if you do retain your memory, what form does it take? After all, your brain presumably is gone.

Another question is what happens to your genes. Once you die, your genes are presumably gone. If you reincarnate into the body of another person or organism, your genes would be different. If so, are you really yourself, if you have a different set of genes and have no memory of your previous life?

Wise.
    maybe this would explain why we have that deja-vu feeling at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français
    My belief is that death is like sleep, it is an unconscious state. "There is no knowledge or perception in the grave."

Then we are resurrected and receive consciousness again.
    Le Type Francais,

I was raised in a religion with this concept and I believe
    as you we are asleep until the resurrection. Many would disagree
    but, living forever on earth is a promise from God.

j