Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Murderball

Wow. Thanks for responding so quickly. I did join a while ago, but was laid up for several months, and then it became summer..lol....and here it is fall, and I am just remembering about this site. I really appreciate you responding to me,lol. It jut irked me the other day when a friend of mine haado idea what Murderball even was. I was kind of offended though I dont know why. I lookk fward to getting to know this site and itts people.
    Thanks

GREAT FLICK. i think it just showed what a quad can be. i mean seriously, u cant make a movie about a high dependant quad, they cant do anything, it doesnt inspire anybody. no offense.
    this movie showed guys in relationships, getting laid and living good, fun and productive lives..
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B

I'm not sure why the ability to play quad rugby is supposed to make everything ok and be inspirational. You wouldn't see some guy with cancer playing badminton and get all teared up. "Sure he's really sick but look at that drop shot! I have a feeling that everything is going to be alright."
    Agreed from the small part I saw of it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    GREAT FLICK. i think it just showed what a quad can be. i mean seriously, u cant make a movie about a high dependant quad, they cant do anything, it doesnt inspire anybody. no offense.
    this movie showed guys in relationships, getting laid and living good, fun and productive lives..
    WTH I happen to know a high quad who is the most intelligent guy I have ever encountered. He accomplishes great feats......with his MIND. Far more inspirational to me than tossing a velcroed ball around a court.

How narrow-minded

Yes you can.

Rory O'Shea Was Here.

Great Film and story. Not contrived or with forced and manufactured sympathy. Not a "feel good" story about tough strong quads living the good life, but funny, sad, touching, and sometimes brutal, glimpse into lives of 2 tough kick ass crips who just have to deal....

You don't need Crips to shout out how great and independent they are, to "prove" their strength and worth....

Many simply live it and reveal their strength in quiet but undeniably powerful ways.

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Yes you can.

Rory O'Shea Was Here.

Great Film and story. Not contrived or with forced and manufactured sympathy. Not a "feel good" story about tough strong quads living the good life, but funny, sad, touching, and sometimes brutal, glimpse into lives of 2 tough kick ass crips who just have to deal....
    But did they win a shiny trophy at the end of the movie?

Murderball is a good thing because it got a lot of people to come out and play rugby that wouldn't have otherwise.

I am wondering: is this need of yours to put down and disparage anybody who doesn't fit into your deluded view of "the super quad" something pathological? Or is it just plain old fashioned rudeness?

Just a question from somebody who "can't do anything"....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    But did they win a shiny trophy at the end of the movie?
    No, actually Rory dies at the end.

I was up late one night recently and saw a movie with Wesley Snipes, Helen Hunt and other pretty good actors about life in a rehab facility. It was pretty interesting eventhough I feel a little uncomfortable when movies show a bit too much about our lives to AB people. In one scene he is making love to his girlfriend and the bag leaks and he pisses all over the bed. Yikes. Still an interesting, emotional movie to me.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003