Thread: New Electric Wheelchair

Unhappy New Electric Wheelchair

I just got a new quickie but it doesn't work. So I need suggestions on a new chair. If you have any wheelchair review sites for me to see, I'd appreciate it.

Sachad,

I hope these will be helpfull:

http://www.usatechguide.org/

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/

Might try here

United Spinal has a review section but it is dependent on who has done reviews.

http://www.usatechguide.org/
    Every day I wake up is a good one

common sense: check all connections, make sure battery has a charge, make sure it's in gear. if all that fails, contact whomever you bought it from.

Quote Originally Posted by sachad
    I just got a new quickie but it doesn't work. So I need suggestions on a new chair. If you have any wheelchair review sites for me to see, I'd appreciate it.
    I'm confused. You bough a new chair, it's not working, and now you want to buy another new chair? Shouldn't you be contacting whomever you bought that chair from? They are legally required to replace or repair your chair.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

:(

They assembled it wrong but it's still having problems. I want to return this and get a new 1.

Thanks for the sites.

they should fix it, re-assemble it right. they're liable for fixing it.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Any chair should be made to your specifications and work for what you need. Getting another chair likely won't just be a quick fix or simply returning one.

Go back to where you got this chair and have them fix it. Don't leave until it's working for you.
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by sachad
    They assembled it wrong but it's still having problems. I want to return this and get a new 1.

Thanks for the sites.
    Most countries have "fair trading" laws which say, among other things, that goods must be of "merchantable" quality and fit for the purpose for which they were sold.

If you are still having problems I would DEMAND they either fix your chair or give you a refund. If they refuse your State certainly has a "department of fair trading" or "better business bureau" - see them as soon as possible!

If your issues are related to purchasing a chair that doesn't meet your needs because you inadequately researched your purchase, then that's a different issue.

Chris.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber