Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TI LITE ZRA...HA! My turn at pics

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    1. Is your front frame "V'? It doesn't look too narrow or tapered. I thought Andy's front end wasn't narrow enough for my taste either, which was beginning to be a turn-off for me regarding the ti-lites. I think the extra narrow seat will make the front end more narrow and more my pref. but I need to look at one in person to really know.
    Check out the lastest order forms, you can do both narrower front of seat, or V the heck out of the downtubes to whatever your liking is. Also check out the 'designs unlimited' PDF, lots of interesting stuff there. I think you could even narrow the downtubes so that there is no room for your feet at all, LOL. For reference, my chair is 6" narrower than seat width, so it is 12" wide in front. I'm thinking if I was to get another chair (ZRc), I'd do 10", plus some other 'custom' stuff. Gotta see what my insurance wants for documentation for another chair first, I'm up to $4k spinlife'ing one of those doing all titanium and new set of spinergy wheels, I also kinda wish they made titanium caster stems, there's 1 lb that could be lopped off.

Yep. Will do. I haven't looked through those forms again in a while...every time I do, I get a headache.

The standard taper for my chairs have been pretty good, fitting the width of my feet exactly, per 15 wide seat. I'm thinking narrowing seat front to only 14, so the front frame tubes don't hit the sides of my knees/calf.

Shaun, the push canes look like they replaced the entire tubing cuz you had them integrated? color of canes look black. Don't they come as part of the ti frame, thus silver/metal color?

The TiLite terminology seems a bit confusing. To me a V front end should mean that it tapers more, but it actually means that it tapers down evenly. The standard front end has a sharper taper at the top and then goes straight down with the lower portion of the legs so it looks to me to be more streamlined and less boxy.

Also, the footrest width is picked separate so for both V front end or standard you can pick 0", 2" or 4" taper. What is tricky here is that the seat width is measured outside of the tubes while the footrest width measures inside the tubes. This means that a 16" wide footrest on an 18" wide chair has no taper, while a 12" footrest on an 18" chair has a 4" taper (the outside width is 14", 4" narrower than the outside of the seat and the inside width is 12", 6" narrower than the outside of the seat).

It took many times looking over the order forms and talking with my dealer to figure all this out. The newer TiLite forms are clearer than the old ones were on this. I could still be wrong so don't take my word for it without double checking. Apparently TiLite can send you the drawings of the chair before they make it so you can double check things before they go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    Also, the footrest width is picked separate so for both V front end or standard you can pick 0", 2" or 4" taper. What is tricky here is that the seat width is measured outside of the tubes while the footrest width measures inside the tubes. This means that a 16" wide footrest on an 18" wide chair has no taper, while a 12" footrest on an 18" chair has a 4" taper (the outside width is 14", 4" narrower than the outside of the seat and the inside width is 12", 6" narrower than the outside of the seat).
    Wha...? Huh?? LOL Can you fuck my brain some more please?

Yes, I still need to go over those forms again, but I'm not clear about the footrest being measured as 0, 2 or 4 inches of taper? <- meaning:
    a) 0, 2, 4" taper FROM the front end tubes?
    b) "" taper of the footrest or plate itself (like angle/narrowing of plate?)

Umm.. I think you might mean that the width of the footrest/plate can be same width or as much as 4 inches narrower/smaller width than the width of the front end tubes? Since tubing of footplate is inserted into end of front frame, the width measure refers to the back foot support tube/base (the squarish extended tubing or the plates attached)?

Quote Originally Posted by chick
    Yes, I still need to go over those forms again, but I'm not clear about the footrest being measured as 0, 2 or 4 inches of taper? <- meaning:
    a) 0, 2, 4" taper FROM the front end tubes?
    b) "" taper of the footrest or plate itself (like angle/narrowing of plate?)

Umm.. I think you might mean that the width of the footrest/plate can be same width or as much as 4 inches narrower/smaller width than the width of the front end tubes? Since tubing of footplate is inserted into end of front frame, the width measure refers to the back foot support tube/base (the squarish extended tubing or the plates attached)?
    Standard front end: 0,2,4 measured from the inside of the tubes at the footrest in comparison to the front seat width measured from the outside of the tubes. All are measured from the inside or outside of the tubing depending on measurement point, never measured center to center. The picture on the order form is pretty clear to figure this out.

V front end: Instead of a stepped bend accomplishing the taper, it is literally a V. One thing that troubles me about the V front ends is that the footrest might lose its adjustablity up and down due to the V being there instead of the down tubes being parallel to each other, but if you are dead sure of how high you want that and dont forsee any issues with the footplate digging into the pavement on a ramp that you might have to adjust for, V is good.

There is no ordering measurement based on the width of the footplate itself, the only measurements are made on the tubing. The width of the footplate will be narrower than the tubing measurements in any case.

what the tilite form doesnt actually specify outside the measurements, is that if you get the 'c' package you can get a v-seat instead of the tapered seat - if youre getting the front seat width 2" narrorwer than the rear seat width, theres no seat taper. that means that theres no step in the bend. the posts are straight but not parallel. im sure if you ask, they could do it 1".
    amy

Yeayyy respect to the Spinergy crew SCHWEEET - I'd rather have yours or my ride over Larry F's anyday haha

shaun,
    what were the centre of gravity issues with the ergo seat?
    amy

Pushrims

Where are they? Do you just use the wheels? What's the total width? Cool chair!

Quote Originally Posted by amyk
    - if youre getting the front seat width 2" narrorwer than the rear seat width, theres no seat taper.
    Why wouldnt there be if the front of the seat is 2" narrower than the back of the seat?