Thread: folding push handles

folding push handles

hello
    my new chair, a tilite trc i havent ordered yet, is going to have push handles. i dont like them, but thats another story. i would quite like folding push handles, like on the quickie, so i can get them out of my way... are the quickie ones removable? could i get a set and drill receiving holes on the seat posts, or whatever? are there other, similar ones that might work? i want the titanium backrest, so the long handles that clamp to the backrest bar arent an option - besides i dont like them - so my only option is the set of intergrated ones. i think they look like fishhooks...
    any suggestions?

I have a Quickie GP with a folding back and I switched to the folding push handles. They attach and detach easily, but you need a Allen wrench to secure the screw that holds them in place. I keep mine in my underseat pack (I use the underseat pack from Adaptable Designs) along with a set of Allen wrenches that came with my chair so if I need assistance, I bolt them on and away I go. When I don't want them around, I simply remove them and stow them away.

If your new chair has bolt-on push handles, you can swap them for the Quickie folding handles. Most of the time, I have them stowed, but when I do want to use them, I can attach them pretty quickly and detach them quickly as well.

thanks maribel
    i did get the trc, and ended up getting the aluminium back with the bolt-on handles - but im still interested i switching to the folding ones if i can...
    amy

I am interested in the folding pust handles also. I have a Quickie Ti with fixed handles and wanted to switch them out. Does anyone know where I can find them?
    "Donny you're out of your element!" ~ Walter Sobchak

T-5 Complete 9/15/06

With folding push handles....is it safe for someone to pull you up a few stairs? Sometimes I go places that have a few steps up and down. I think I'd be nervous with someone pulling me up a flight of stairs without solid integrated handles.

at the moment, my handles bolt-on to the backrest bar. if i get/can find folding handles, anyone lifting my chair will have to use that bar

Quote Originally Posted by Maribel
    I have a Quickie GP with a folding back and I switched to the folding push handles. They attach and detach easily, but you need a Allen wrench to secure the screw that holds them in place. I keep mine in my underseat pack (I use the underseat pack from Adaptable Designs) along with a set of Allen wrenches that came with my chair so if I need assistance, I bolt them on and away I go. When I don't want them around, I simply remove them and stow them away.

If your new chair has bolt-on push handles, you can swap them for the Quickie folding handles. Most of the time, I have them stowed, but when I do want to use them, I can attach them pretty quickly and detach them quickly as well.
    I have a Quickie GP with push handles that attach onto that horizontal bar in the back of the backframe. Are these considered bolt-on push handles? If so, where can I get a pair of those folding push handles? I've wanted a pair of those ever since I saw them on a Quickie GT chair my friend tested out earlier in the year.

Jessie

theyre available as options with most of the quickie ultralight chairs, and sportaid sells them (as part of a chair package) for $63. i have no idea whether or not they sell them on their own (or with a different chair) and one of these days ill get around to emailing them - maybe whenever i decide on the exact folder/backup i want (currently im looking at the quickie revolution, which doesnt have the folding push handles as an option, but i think they would be needed).

Quote Originally Posted by amyk
    theyre available as options with most of the quickie ultralight chairs, and sportaid sells them (as part of a chair package) for $63. i have no idea whether or not they sell them on their own (or with a different chair) and one of these days ill get around to emailing them - maybe whenever i decide on the exact folder/backup i want (currently im looking at the quickie revolution, which doesnt have the folding push handles as an option, but i think they would be needed).
    I agree with you, I have a Quickie Revolution chair as a backup and it needs to have folding push handles. Especially when everything else on the chair folds up.

Jessie