Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: flat panel TVs?

Bob,

Thanks for all the information. That definitely gives me something to think about because I hate having to look over my feet when watching TV in bed. I'd like to see how your setup looks.

I've been taking a lot of time trying to think out what I'm going to do yet. It's turning into the snowball effect because it's not only the TV, but what I'm going to put or mount it on, cable management, then audio. I have speaker wires coming down in each corner of the room and am thinking about some Boston Acoustics corner mount wall speakers. The room dimensions are 14' x 20'. Luckily I'm not in a hurry....

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    Bob,

I have speaker wires coming down in each corner of the room and am thinking about some Boston Acoustics corner mount wall speakers. The room dimensions are 14' x 20'. Luckily I'm not in a hurry....
    I read somewhere that Best Buy is discontinuing BA speakers. If this is true, might be some real bargains on closeouts.

I use five BA speakers (no sub-woofer, but scary bass) and LOVE them.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by doingtimeonmyass
    I have speaker wires coming down in each corner of the room and am thinking about some Boston Acoustics corner mount wall speakers. The room dimensions are 14' x 20'. Luckily I'm not in a hurry....
    If you want to make the surround speaker mess a little cleaner you could get one of those surround sound in a box type setups with IR driven rears. I have some sort of Sony "Dream System" that came with IR rears and all the speakers are pedestal style so you dont have to worry about hanging them from walls and headaches such as that either.

The discounts, or what Wal-Mart Stores Inc. counts as rollbacks, are effective through Dec. 31. They include such items as Panasonic 42-inch HD plasma TVs, slashed to $1,294 from $1,794; the Polaroid LCD HDTVs, reduced to $997, from $1,297; and Cingular C139 prepaid phones, marked down to $19.97 from $29.98.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061104/...rt_electronics

Looks like a deal!
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Doingtime and Foolish Old, have you guys went to Brandsmart USA yet? they are only located in select parts of Florida and Ga..

http://www.brandsmartusa.net/locations.htm

they are waaay below everyone else. i saved over $2,000 on my recent buys of a 71'' and 61'' Samsung DLP's.. if you are close, check 'em out bc you can only get info. in-store only.. very impressive displays of mostly Samsung LCD's, DLP's, and plasmas..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    Doingtime and Foolish Old, have you guys went to Brandsmart USA yet? they are only located in select parts of Florida and Ga..

http://www.brandsmartusa.net/locations.htm

they are waaay below everyone else. i saved over $2,000 on my recent buys of a 71'' and 61'' Samsung DLP's.. if you are close, check 'em out bc you can only get info. in-store only.. very impressive displays of mostly Samsung LCD's, DLP's, and plasmas..
    The only downside to Brandsmart for me was they only carry some models in a manufacture's line. I wanted a specific commercial monitor (not a tv) that they couldn't get.
    Foolish

Thanks, I am happy with my TV.

Thanks Jeff. You have some pretty huge televisions. Is the 61“ in your bedroom? I'm going to wait until probably around Christmas and see if they come down much in price. Then again I'm sure there will be plenty of sales right before the Super Bowl. Decisions, decisions...

actually, the 71'' is in my bedroom, i have a pretty good size room and the 61'' is in the den bc the clearance to the door to the deck wouldn't clear the larger screen or there would be a 71'' also.. i haven't found anyone to come close to Brandsmart. i was just in Circuit City pricing a Samsung 23'' LCD HD tv to use as a comp. monitor and compare at Brandsmart..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    i saved over $2,000 on my recent buys of a 71'' and 61'' Samsung DLP's.. if you are close, check 'em out bc you can only get info. in-store only.. very impressive displays of mostly Samsung LCD's, DLP's, and plasmas..
    71 inches is definitely bringing home the movie theater experience coupled with a good sound system. Anything over 80 inches is heading into Mark Cuban's territory, but he doesn't have to ask how much it will cost.