Thread: A Raise For those on Social Security Disability

A Raise For those on Social Security Disability

Social Security Checks to Rise, Inflation Slows

Social Security payments will increase 3.3 percent next year, a smaller cost-of-living hike than last year for the more than 53 million Americans who receive monthly retirement or disability checks, the government announced today.

For retirees, the cost-of-living adjustment will mean an extra $33 a month beginning in January, with the typical payment jumping from $1,011 to $1,044.

The increase in Social Security payments was announced as the government released figures showing that inflation slowed in September, with a sharp drop in oil bringing prices down 0.5 percent and helping increase workers' purchasing power.

For the year so far, the annualized rate of inflation remains about the same as it was in 2005. However...

The Rest
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

YaY! An extra six dollars which will almost bring me to $200 a month. Bastards!

OH Goody and extra pack of gum a month...LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

whoopdy-doo. last year after rent increase, costshare increase, food stamp reduction. they took all the raise an i actually get $6 less a month. now thats efficiency by our fantastic govt. my raise actually cost me money, sheeshhhhhh.