Thread: what type of sheets are the best?

what type of sheets are the best?

I am thinking of getting a select comfort or comfortaire bed. They sell 310 count, cotton sheets that are made for them, is that what you people use that have these beds? Or do you use any kind? I was wondering what would be the best to prevent shearing, cotton or polyester?

I have the select comfort bed and just use regular sheets. I like 100% cotton because they feel better, but don't know if it makes any difference re shearing.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Do you need special sheets for that bed? If not, I highly recommend the 5 oz flannel sheets from Land's End. They wick moisture away and get super soft after repeated washings .... which they sure get around here!

www.landsend.com, click on home, and go to the bedding section. The flannel sheets are there. They have 6 oz ones too, but they are just thicker and don't seem to be much better in any appreciable way, and are alot more expensive. We have TONS of these sheets and use them year round, not just winter.

No, I don't work for them.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

We use knit cotton sheets. They are the best for prevention of shear. Most important for the bottom sheet. You can use any sheet for a top sheet, or just use a duvet cover.

(KLD)

I didn't realize that KLD. In fact when in rehab, my day and night nirses where constantly bickering as to my sheets. (I had a shearing sore from 3rd day). "who put those sheets on" etc. some wanted the cotton knot, some wanted the other kind. I was also on an air bed ..... does that make a diff?

binnie, I do like the select comfort bed. I prefer a very soft bed for sleeping, but that makes any bed mobility, dressing, cathing etc, difficult. This way I can pump it up when I need a hard bed, or soften it for sleeping.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

How about disposable!

what are knit cotton sheets? where can you buy them?

They sometimes call them t-shirt sheets too. Lots of places carry them, Target etc. target sells them online as well:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000F8L2RM

(page around, there are more colors and stuff)

or at Lands End: (more expensive, but probably better quality)

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0...98721172113690
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Check out stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linens 'N Things for cotton knit sheets too.

They do make disposable (paper) sheets, which are sometimes used in hospitals. Very uncomfortable and not very practical for home use.

(KLD)