Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Just moaning .... :)

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    look at it this way ami ...... the odds are in your favor now, such a run of bad luck can't continue! hope you are feeling better.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    look at it this way ami ...... the odds are in your favor now, such a run of bad luck can't continue! hope you are feeling better.

    oh don't say that ...
    "just when you think your luck can't get any worse ...."

    Ami, glad you're having a better day.
    Daniel

  3. #13
    Senior Member zillazangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3,399
    Dan, when you're right, you're right.

    I ended up in hospital the morning after I posted all this. Got an excrutiating headache - worse than anything I've EVER had, was yakking my guts out. Called 911, quick CT showed no bleeding but a severe concussion. So I have post-concussive syndrome. So I really do have to rest now!!!

    I looked pretty good in that photo by lizbv in the stanley thread below for a head injured woman eh? I will have to join the TBI forum here .... hopefully I'll heal soon. I am a bit disoriented and VERY clumsy. Still can't eat or drink, but managed to get a few pills down for once.

    So then, what a run of luck .....
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

  4. #14
    Now L@@K, AMI...

    Messing up a cell phone is MY department...

    YOU are not allowed to mess up a cell phone unless you move to another state...LOL...

    NC can't take TWO of us...rofl...

    First weekend I had my cell phone, I got all carried away because it would beep when I put it on the charger...

    Come to find out, the noises were just fine...LOL...

    THEN just last week, I was going to call my boyfriend on the way to work...

    I had on chenille gloves...

    I got my phone locked up when I tried to punch numbers with my gloves on...

    I am clueless as to how I got it unlocked...but I did...

    Teena

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    Dan, when you're right, you're right.

    I ended up in hospital the morning after I posted all this. Got an excrutiating headache - worse than anything I've EVER had, was yakking my guts out. Called 911, quick CT showed no bleeding but a severe concussion. So I have post-concussive syndrome. So I really do have to rest now!!!

    I looked pretty good in that photo by lizbv in the stanley thread below for a head injured woman eh? I will have to join the TBI forum here .... hopefully I'll heal soon. I am a bit disoriented and VERY clumsy. Still can't eat or drink, but managed to get a few pills down for once.

    So then, what a run of luck .....
    Ami, take care of yourself. If there's anything I can do, let me know!
    Daniel

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    8,147
    Ami..

    My goodness you need hazard insurance!!!! LOL

    This coming from someone whos suffered serious burns, a black eye from falling under a porch, and huge bruises from dog bowls....LOL I am allowed to laugh. I been there!!!!

    Take care of yourself....or else youre gonna have to hire a nurse for yourself...LOL

    I hope everything gets better soon....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

  7. #17
    Senior Member Timaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Hampshire, England.
    Posts
    5,004
    Quick, get out and buy a lottery ticket.

    It sounds as if the upswing is due!

  8. #18
    Senior Member zillazangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3,399
    I have basilar skull fracture

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_fracture

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. Just what I need. I now have 24/7 bedrest ordered and a slew of tests being done tomorrow from which I will hopefully come home, not the hospital. On gads of meds too.

    I guess I was justified in moaning! Holy crap. Note to self and others: DO NOT STAND UP QUICKLY WHILE IN A CONVERSION VAN AND WHAP YOUR HEAD EXTREMELY HARD. I guess now I know why I coudln't type that night..... sigh. Woe is me .... and I mean it this time!!!!!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    I have basilar skull fracture

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_fracture

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat. Just what I need. I now have 24/7 bedrest ordered and a slew of tests being done tomorrow from which I will hopefully come home, not the hospital. On gads of meds too.

    I guess I was justified in moaning! Holy crap. Note to self and others: DO NOT STAND UP QUICKLY WHILE IN A CONVERSION VAN AND WHAP YOUR HEAD EXTREMELY HARD. I guess now I know why I coudln't type that night..... sigh. Woe is me .... and I mean it this time!!!!!!
    Have cracked my head in our conversion van ,too, and am now exceedingly grateful that the worst I suffered was a headache.

    Ami, I'll be keeping you in my thoughts that tomorrow's tests go well and you can return home. Rest well.

  10. #20
    Senior Member zillazangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    3,399
    Thanks KEndEll Also, I tripped and twisted my ankle as a symptom of my head injury as it turns out. I am disoriented in space and its getting worse the longer its been. Good god, I drove last week all over the place, even met Dan and Betsy out somewhere. I am now hiding my keys. My mom is camped out on the couch watching for further seizures and sleep walking - something I started doing 2 nights ago out of the total blue, I have not walked in my sleep since I was 13 years old. UGH!!!! I am SO frustrated. And Chad's mom is no help whatsoever. She has "appointments" she has to attend to (e.g. have a fence put in) and she complained to Chad that if she had more NOTICE that I was going to be ill that she could help more.

    Ummmmmm. Sure, next time I give myself a concussion, I'll give you advance notice.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •