Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just moaning .... :)

Just moaning .... :)

OK, in the space of a week I have:
    • Last Wed: I hit my head on the header of our van so hard that I gave my self a concussion. Seriously. I have been ordered to rest (hey, Dan & Betsy, don't tell anyone I have been driving, lol!)
    • This afternoon: Got "glutened" today and was ummmmm, let's just say sick. (I am a celiac: www.celiac.org). This caused me to have to cancel our dinner plans with dan_nc. Grrrrr.
    • One hour ago: I fell while our dog who does NOT like the rain, but who may NOT pee in the house, ran back up our slippery front stairs and twisted my ankle badly. I am now sitting with my feet 4 feet in the air on ice and on ibuprofen.
    • 55 minutes ago: spilled an entire bag of urine on the bed while cathing Chad because the wet huge dog bounded on the bed and onto me, Chad and the bag of urine. Yes, I had to completely change all the sheets, mattress pad, blankets and clothing.
    I am now finally sitting down. I think I'll just stay in bed for the next 3-4 months! Gah!

... and I forgot; I bought a new cellphone today but it didn't get activated correctly so I'm stuck without my phone until tomorrow when I will have to leave the house with my brain injury and foot injury to get it working again. OK, this is just starting to sound like I'm making shit up! LOL!
    Last edited by zillazangel; 10-17-2006 at 09:44 PM.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami, Ami, Ami....Have I NOT told you that it's MY job to hurt myself and I'm QUITE good at it??? QUIT DOING MY JOB!!!!

<<<HUGZ>>> Make yerself a cup of hot chocolate(can ya have that?) or whatever nice warm drink ya can have cuddle up in bed and take the rest of the nite off...Think of the screwed up cell phone as a nite away from the "leash" Chad & J are safe at home with you, so ya don't have to worry 'bout frantic phone calls that way anyway...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Commercial hot chocolate, generally no. But I can make it homemade, but knowing me this week I'd boil it over and give myself 3rd degree burns, lol! So I'll just stay riggghhht here in bed. And yes, J and Chad are both sleeping, as is the dog, so I'm getting some very rare quiet time. Ahhhh. I'll take what I can get.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

LOL, no 3rd degree burns!!! Quiet time is precious enjoy it....savor it
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Ami, I wouldnt be laughing if it didnt feel like I was seeing myself in the mirror!!!!!!!! LOL
    It seems my blunders come in threes and fours also.....so I am always ready for the next wave...LOL

I burned my butt (long story hot bath water), broke my toe, and Casey fell on my loaned wheelchair(during my foot surgery) requiring stitches all in the same week. The ER doc asked me if my home life was okay.....if I felt like I was being abused???? I was in the ER three times that week. Plus I was still recovering from a rash that the antibiotics caused during my hospital stay at Duke. A head to toe rash none the less....LOL

Just take it easy tonight.....and maybe even tomorrow and maybe even the next day!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Damn Ami, when it rains it pours, hang in there.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

I'm sorry you are having a bad week Ami. Keep faith, things will get better.
    Dee, wife of Don (SCI since 2004)

Live for the moment, and treat this moment like there is not going to be another.

Sometimes you have one of 'em weeks, eh? Hope things look brighter for you, Ami.
    Daniel

Ami....

Just a few minutes alone is heaven isn't it??? I wish we all lived closer to each other....then we could come over and give hugs in person!

Any way...((((((((Ami))))))))).... hang in there kiddo!

Sieg

Ami! Geez! Would you quit imitating Debbie?!?

Seriously, sometimes the bad luck fairy seems to park itself at one's door, doesn't it? I've been familiar with the little sob.

You're doing the right thing. When you keep laughing, he gets pissed that he can't bring ya down and leaves to find better prey.

Nope - don't think you're making stuff up at all. Life can get reaaalllly weird sometimes.

for you!