Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How often?

Question How often?

How often do you all do your bowel programs? I do mine every other day but this creates a different schedule each week. One week being Monday, Wednesday, Friday and another being Tuesday and Thursday. This makes it difficult to hire a scheduled nursing aid. I have yet to have a nursing aid do my program but I was thinking about future independence.

everyday 5 yrs now.

I do mine Monday Wednesday Friday and then Saturday every week, it works well for scheduling like you mentioned, you could switch Sat for Sun or try to skip both.

You end up with 3 days off and only two days that are back to back. My dad just gets me up Sundays since all I do is put some pants on and get up and it saves money, and I still have someone come Tue/Thurs and I can schedule real early stuff school/dr.appts whatever on those days.

In the case I have something really important and early on a Monday I get someone to come Sunday instead of Sat then skip Monday and do it Tuesday with Tues/Wed going back to back etc.
    Last edited by Cory-M; 10-15-2006 at 09:30 PM.

i go Mon, Wed, Fri. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb

me too
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory-M
    I do mine Monday Wednesday Friday and then Saturday every week, it works well for scheduling like you mentioned, you could switch Sat for Sun or try to skip both.

You end up with 3 days off and only two days that are back to back. My dad just gets me up Sundays since all I do is put some pants on and get up and it saves money, and I still have someone come Tue/Thurs and I can schedule real early stuff school/dr.appts whatever on those days.

In the case I have something really important and early on a Monday I get someone to come Sunday instead of Sat then skip Monday and do it Tuesday with Tues/Wed going back to back etc.
    Does switching it up like that ever cause accidents?

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Seems like that would create a lot of... build up over the weekend, if you know what I mean.

to the ones that go M-W-F what do you take for program....colace, citrucel, senna , etc...? and when ?

I'm every day. I tried switching to every other day, but I kept having accidents.

Funny thing is, before my injury, I rarely went every day.

I am most familiar with 3 days/week either M-W-F or Tu-Thur-Sat with very few accidents once your body is trained on this interval schedule.

AAD