Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do you dance?

do you dance?

when the neurophatic pain is killing me i dance.....how ?i play my favorite music loud and i use my hands .dont think that i am crazy .music and dance is a therapy .helps me much better than lyrica ,neurontin etc....
    will you dance my lady...........?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I was the best man at my friend's wedding recently. Well, I didn't want t get dragged out on the dance floor because I've never been the dancing type. Well later in the evening I was ambushed by the bride's maids. I told them I wasn't responsible for running over anything, but they made me dance none the less.
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

I think it would be easier for a man since you could let em all get in your lap. But now for a girl maybe some would get in my lap but it's just not the same. And I feel pretty goofy in my chair trying. Esp when I didn't have any rythym BEFORE my accident. Must be awful now. But I do mess around with my kids at home spinning in circles to music. Anyone have any videos of some cool wheelchair dance moves???
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I've never been a dancer. Not being able to move my legs doesn't help my cause. I'm not much of a dancer now ... but I do get girls to sit in my lap, and then we try to do a wheelie.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    Anyone have any videos of some cool wheelchair dance moves???
    I don't know if she has any videos on her page, but there's this girl names Briana Walker who dances from her wheelchair. She's gotten pretty big, even performing with Ludacris.
    Her website is www.brianawalker.com

I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
    -Michael Jordan

I've seen an article on her but didn't see any videos. I know she has written a book.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Give me a few beers and I do.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

I always loved to dance! Before my disability, I enjoyed putting on music that rocked me, Bruce Springsteen or something from the Caribbean, and dancing while passing the vacuum across the floor. It made the chore so much more pleasant! My dance partners think I am much lighter on my feet, now that I am in a chair. They enjoy spinning me in my chair. My only fear is that my partner will drop my hand, and send me sailing into a wall, down a step, or into some other person on the dance floor. I still love it!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlieQCarrie
    Give me a few beers and I do.
    LOL Carrie

On the same note...I never danced BEFORE I got injured, I was always the one in the group that was standing back in the corner watching everyone else...NOW I go out with a group of friends on a fairly regular basis & I get out out there and dance...I have a great time My biggest problem before was I never knew what to do with my feet...Well, now that's not such a problem...LOL...I have a blast, I'm surrounded by HOT guys, good friends and of course the copious ammts of alcohol is always beneficial....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I looked like an complete idiot dancing before my accident and I'm even worse at it now. I still have a blast, even sober.
    Daniel