Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Power of Thought

Blog Entries
    Alright, I went to the site and checked to see what this was all about, out of a sense of fairness to you. Thinking it was another movie thread. What you have to understand about the way SOME of us feel is this...
    If there is something so worthwhile, life changing and valuable that you think EVERYONE needs to know, then by golly, it should be FREE! Otherwise, you aren't REALLY concerned about the person nor are you truly trying to share the wealth. You are just trying to scam a few bucks.
    Now that is MY opinion on the finer things in life and how I try to share them. This, quite possibly, may be the same things these others felt. They just didn't express themselves so gently

ps i know it isn't your site and you aren't pocketing anything. when I learn something I think is life changing, I share it freely with anyone who will listen. but hey, that's just the kinda guy I am

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    Alright, I went to the site and checked to see what this was all about, out of a sense of fairness to you. Thinking it was another movie thread. What you have to understand about the way SOME of us feel is this...
    If there is something so worthwhile, life changing and valuable that you think EVERYONE needs to know, then by golly, it should be FREE! Otherwise, you aren't REALLY concerned about the person nor are you truly trying to share the wealth. You are just trying to scam a few bucks.
    Now that is MY opinion on the finer things in life and how I try to share them. This, quite possibly, may be the same things these others felt. They just didn't express themselves so gently
    Do you think that it didn't cost anything to make the movie or better said documentary?

Forget the $5- Buy It!!!

I saw this about six months ago, it's really incredible IMO. I now own it; you should watch it more than once.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

Quote Originally Posted by divin'darren
    Forget the $5- Buy It!!!

I saw this about six months ago, it's really incredible IMO. I now own it; you should watch it more than once.
    Yes, right along with "Caddyshack" "There's Something About Mary" and "Ace Ventura". Second thought, forget the other flick and just get the above. I think I had two epiphanies watching Something About Mary!
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by divin'darren
    Forget the $5- Buy It!!!

Thank God I'm not the only one. I'm happy to see this movie seems to have impacted you the same as me.

It's to bad most people are too narrow minded to try it. Like $5 is going to make them go broke.

I gave the movie 5 minutes -- that's it. Definitely not for me.

In the first 5 minutes what I took from the movie was that the way I would be improving my life was through making more money, but I simply don't find a correlation between money and happiness.

Another one of those things that are beneficial for some, and not for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Yes, right along with "Caddyshack" "There's Something About Mary" and "Ace Ventura". Second thought, forget the other flick and just get the above. I think I had two epiphanies watching Something About Mary!
    I don't get it

cvelusc- That's not the only thing it's about. It's a video that aims to cover a wide of a range as possible. You don't have to like everything in it, I didn't, but overall it delivers a great message.

I'm kind of surprised too that people are getting bent out of shape over this. It isn't free to produce and make DVD's you know. I'm pretty sure no one's getting rich off of this. Everyone watches movies where actors get $20 million right? I'm not sure where the hostility is coming from.
    Last edited by divin'darren; 01-24-2007 at 09:54 PM.
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

I don't feel anything approaching hostility where the recommended flick is concerned. I'd think anybody who'd seen TSAM, AV and Caddyshack would see that.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

QuadPro

You need to learn some new marketing techniques. Which part of your new positive, uplifted $5 shiny world did 'go fuck yourself' come from?

It's basically a movie about the power of positive thought which lumps together a load of old cliches like 'think about what you want, not what you don't want'

If you need some cheesy old charlatan trotting out shite like that to make you happy then pay your $5
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    QuadPro

You need to learn some new marketing techniques. Which part of your new positive, uplifted $5 shiny world did 'go fuck yourself' come from?

It's basically a movie about the power of positive thought which lumps together a load of old cliches like 'think about what you want, not what you don't want'

If you need some cheesy old charlatan trotting out shite like that to make you happy then pay your $5

If you don't have anything positive to say why bother replying to my topic. Just move along.