Thread: There is -hope! - for compassionate doctors!

There is -hope! - for compassionate doctors!

This absolutely blew us away!

My son had surgery 10 days ago by a plastic surgeon to close a wound; she did a muscle flap graft to his right ischium. We had postop pain issues covered, and he's got a Baclofen pump; I confess I didn't even think about extra spasticity issues.

He's been having lots of spasms for the last 3-4 days, and the pain medication wasn't slowing them down. I called the neurosurgeon who manages his pump refills (don't ask - South Carolina is so backwards! ) to see about getting some oral Baclofen to supplement. The upshot is that we got a house call from the neurosurgeon and the Medtronics rep last night, to readjust the dosage in the pump!!!!

I couldn't believe it when he called and said he'd be out to the house! Sooo - yes, I know there are crappy docs out there - but there are some amazingly human, compassionate ones, too!

That's wonderful, Marmalady!

Definitely have my issues with doctors, but , yeah, there are some good ones left in this world, and I'm so glad for you and your son that you have one.

Hope your son is feeling better.

I've been blessed to have doctors that have gone way above the call of duty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalady
    My son had surgery 10 days ago by a plastic surgeon to close a wound; she did a muscle flap graft to his right ischium. We had postop pain issues covered, and he's got a Baclofen pump; I confess I didn't even think about extra spasticity issues.

...The upshot is that we got a house call from the neurosurgeon and the Medtronics rep last night, to readjust the dosage in the pump!!!!
    Weird coincidence. I had the same surgery done back in January (only on the left side) and my plastic surgeon, Dr. Chandrasakhr from Arcadia, made a house call to remove the sutures.

yes, I know there are crappy docs out there - but there are some amazingly human, compassionate ones, too!
    There are a LOT of good doctors out there. It's great that your family has found some. Now spread the word. Be a good consumer. Tell people the good doctor's name so that he will get more business.

BTW, good luck to your son in his recovery. It seems like it takes FOREVER, but being patient and not pushing to be up and around too soon will pay off in the long run.

C.