Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can someone be so cruel?

T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I can't say what I would do if we'd crossed paths.NGMFB--
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I don't know but maybe that was the first thing she could grab?

Question Movies for Reality Check

I'm sorry to have to inform you, Daisy, but for a significant fraction of the dark underbelly of our society, such behavior simply expresses normative attitudes towards offspring. For an view of art reflecting life (much more my tin of tea) check out your realities re. these values against such films as Freeway and The Night Listener.

The Night Listener is based on the book based on a true story:

In 1993, a young writer named Anthony Godby Johnson released his first and only published book, A Rock and a Hard Place, a memoir of the years of physical and sexual abuse he suffered at the hands of his parents and their friends. Tony had been rescued by social worker Vicki Johnson, who took the unusual step of adopting the abused boy. Vicki gave Tony the closest thing he’d ever had to a real family, though being infected with both syphilis and AIDS — the legacies of the adults who had passed him around like a breathing sex toy — made school and a normal adolescent social life impossible. What Tony had instead were relationships conducted by letter, email, and telephone and in online chat rooms, many of them with celebrities: writers including Paul Monette and Tom Robbins,...
    http://www.pajiba.com/night-listener-the.htm

Freeway, starring Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland features Vanessa (Witherspoon) as a poor white trash teen living with a sexually abusive stepfather...

What happens when you cross The Brothers Grimm with David Lynch, and throw in a little Quentin Tarantino for good measure? The result, or something very much like it, can be found in Matthew Bright's brilliant, incisive satire, Freeway, which updates the children's story "Little Red Riding Hood" in new, surprising, and very adult ways. Anyone who never appreciated this fable may revise their opinion after watching Freeway.
    The film works -- and does so manifestly -- because its intentions are clearly delineated. Using black humor, blood, and a pair of tremendous performances, Freeway hones in on its targets and calculatedly skewers them one-by-one. First up is America's welfare system. Then the judicial system. Then the penal system. And, when you put all the pieces together, you realize that Freeway is making a penetrating statement about the general populace's endless fascination with the lurid and violent. And, unlike Oliver Stone's Natural Born Killers, which was torpedoed by interference from the director's ego, Freeway drives home the point effectively. This movie is both grimly funny and thought-provoking.
    http://www.reelviews.net/movies/f/freeway.html
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

You are right Jukey....

But it is so hard for me to imagine she could just throw that baby. Even at my maddest most irrational point in life, I could never do this. I am going to check out those books/movies. It is just hard to imagine.....is all.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

She was probably high on meth or coke or something .. and that's certainly not an excuse .. but no sane, rational human being would do this.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Ruining A Gift

Some people should never be trusted to care for a child. Many childless, good people are seaching for a much wanted child, and these no good excuses for humans, take their blessings (A BABY) and do it great harm.

Show Your Card,
    Auntie Upp

More proof that the world is going nuts.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    How can this happen? My animals get better treatment....

Some people should never be allowed to have children!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061009/ap_on_re_us/baby_as_weapon;_ylt=AuAJgo4Kyzz4OFIMleitwRBG2ocA;_ ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA
    --
    I appologize for the underlining. I tried to delete it.

This would be a perfect ad for court ordered sterilization. But what I'd really like to do to that woman is too graphic to be posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by martha
    This would be a perfect ad for court ordered sterilization.
    You took the words out of my mouth. My mom thought birth control should be in the water supply and requirements should be met prior to conception. All sorts of testing.

Mom had a point. Sheesh, I have to say that a lot.