Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: smell

Quote Originally Posted by 2jazzyjeff
    i beg to differ old bird.. you are the one that orders an ''ass sandwich'' when they let you out of your rubber room.
    We know what you beg for while you hold a slice of bread under your pooches bung-hole.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by wanttolive
    Ugh ... smells are a really sore subject for me right now! This nasty chemo has made me as sensitive to smells as a pregnant woman. I am driving my family crazy. I can't stand cooking smells, cleaning smells, or even strong soap or shampoo. Tonight one of the kids has put on some cheap cologne or perfume or something, and it's really getting to me.

WantToLive (Sharon)
    Cancer-related SCI, 12/26/05
    leaving joke aside i have the same problems regarding smell.
    i am like a pregnant women ,and no doctor told me why i feel like this after my sci.i wonder why?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

The story is told that Jacob sold his birthright upon smelling the aroma of onions sauteing in olive oil. I would do the same, once some garlic and herbs were tossed into the pan. Heaven sent (scent) takes on a whole new meaning!

On the same note, there is not a more objectionable smell than burnt garlic. Yuck!

good smells: horses, babies, chocolate & fresh cut hay.

bad smell: duck crap sprayed on the field next to my house (you can smell it for days!!), sewer & burned meat.

Mom to Heather, age 14, T-12. 6 years post & Michael, 17

I like alot of smells..one of which that caught my attention recently when I was with some friends was the smell of a cold night. Its just soo fresh!

A smell that I REALLY can't stand is limburger cheese!!! I do not know how anybody could enjoy eating that stuff! I can't even be in a room with it around..ick!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I only wish that I had my sense of smell back... On occasion I can smell things, but not if I'm actually trying to....

I REALLY miss smelling certain colognes on a guy...MMMMM....That's just such a wonderful scent that I really wish I could smell again....

I DON'T miss all those horrible smells, rotting citrus groves, manure, this list could go on...But even these things, if I could smell all the time, I'd be happy to be able to smell these things again....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    I only wish that I had my sense of smell back... On occasion I can smell things, but not if I'm actually trying to....

I REALLY miss smelling certain colognes on a guy...MMMMM....That's just such a wonderful scent that I really wish I could smell again....

I DON'T miss all those horrible smells, rotting citrus groves, manure, this list could go on...But even these things, if I could smell all the time, I'd be happy to be able to smell these things again....
    I love the smell of burnt rubber,barb-que,camp fires,and wife's perfum.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I love the smell of a clean barn, with all the animals beded down for the night. I love the smell of cooking on a woodstove. I also like a fant wiff of desil (it brings back memories of living aboard a boat). I also love the smell of fresh herbs, lavender, and the flowers from my empress tree.

Smells I cannot stand, pig menure, dog and cat menure, human menure and hen menure. I also hate the smell of my urine when I have a UTI, the smell of necrotic tissue, rotten food and garbage, just to name a few. There was a finish (like polyurethane but not exactly) that really wasn't a bad smell, but I hated it so that it made me sick to my stomach.
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

Going back to TIRR (rehab in Houston), on entering I started gagging. It's not the smell, it's the memories associated.

Agree on faint whiff of diesel...Takes me to first days of college, riding the bus, and trips to Europe.

Love the smell of trains/subway stations. Don't know what the smell is, but it's the smell of adventure around the corner.

Rain. It's an adventure kind of smell too.

The ocean smell can go either way. Sometimes it smells of life and adventure, sometimes it stinks of dead fish.

My dog. Even when he needs a bath, he smells of love.

Babies can go either way LOL. When my son was born I cried when I left the hospital because I realized nobody was ever going to bring my that sweet-smelling freshly wrapped little bundle again. 17 years and a million sweaty gym socks later I can tell you I was right.
    Last edited by betheny; 10-08-2006 at 01:12 PM.

I love the smell of some colognes.

Also, tobacco. (unsmoked!)
    When I was little they still had cigarettes and other tobacco products out in their own aisle with everything else...this is before it was put behind the checkouts. Anyway, when we went grocery shopping my mom could always find me in the cigarette aisle just taking in the scent or smelling packs, haha.
    To this day, I still grab the containers of tobacco for rolling cigs or grab people's packs, open it, and just sit there and inhale.
    That scent is heavenly to me.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash