Thread: Cord Blood Benefits

Cord Blood Benefits

Hello,

Does anyone out there know if cord blood can be used to treat Transverse Myelitis? I am so heartbroken to see my 13 year old neice in a wheelchair (for two years now) and am desperate to find a way to help her. If anyone has any information on new research please let me know- thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JOYCAROLEE
    Hello,

Does anyone out there know if cord blood can be used to treat Transverse Myelitis? I am so heartbroken to see my 13 year old neice in a wheelchair (for two years now) and am desperate to find a way to help her. If anyone has any information on new research please let me know- thanks!
    JoyCarolee,

While there are several fly-by-night places that offer to transfuse umbilical cord blood cells to treat transverse myelitis, I would avoid these places because there is currently no evidence that this treatment is effective for transverse myelitis and any place that charges for it is probably not legitimate.

I am moving this to the Transverse Myelitis Forum where more people may see it and perhaps respond with their experience.

Wise.