Thread: United States Wins Gold Medal at 2006 World Wheelchair Rugby Championship

United States Wins Gold Medal at 2006 World Wheelchair Rugby Championship

http://www.quadrugby.com/toc.htm

2006 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships
    September 12-16, 2006 - Christchurch, New Zealand

United States Wins Gold Medal at 2006 World Wheelchair Rugby Championship
    by Susan Katz

Christchurch, New Zealand - In 2002, the U.S. Paralympics Wheelchair Rugby National team was a heavy favorite to win yet another World Championship title, but the Americans were upset by archrival Canada in the final, and the team has been left with a bitter taste in its mouth ever since. Now, four years later the United States has recaptured the gold medal at the 2006 World Wheelchair Rugby Championships, defeating host country New Zealand, 34-30, to win the championship.

I saw this some time ago here on CC. I think I would have tried it if there was something like this in my area, always enjoyed sports and activities, I know it takes places some places over here but only in main cities. Congrats to US, but I’m sorry to say if we had a team you only would have got the silver medallion Lol. Whoops, this was quad rugby, sorry, well then you would definitely have lost lol, joking, good job.
    Last edited by Leif; 10-07-2006 at 02:26 PM.

By the way. Where was Fuente’ the world famous and self announced one and the only CC wheelchair rugby player when all this happened? Did he not have time to be there and instead preferred to be home enjoying cheese doodles and coca cola comfortable laying at his sofa enjoying all this on TV? What’s going on here?