Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you working ?

Employed seasonally part time, once I get a few health issues sorted out I'm going to look for full time, I think i need to grow up & get a "real job"

I work full time for the National health service in London - over here workplaces have to make "reasonable adjustments" for disabled people - they used to largely ignore this but it's getting much better and working for a large organisation means they are very good at ensuring everything is as i need it.

Atty, full time and then some.

Not today Football rules

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    so I may ingress of the facility.

they got their money worth on your education ......
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Domestic engineer? The most valuable but yet noticed. I any person that holds that, because I did both for 10 years and it was tough for my son and I yet I paid insurance and child support to his Mom who left us.

been engineer for 25 yrs. injured 20 yrs. am tired, in pain and ready to quit. but afraid of losing my benefits, esp. health ins. single mom to 14 yr old so it's not just me.

Do other people who work full time (i'm including parents in that - can't think of a more full-time job!) find they get much more tired since they were injured? I seem to be exhausted all the time these days and i don't think it's my age - i'm only 32!!

Quote Originally Posted by CPollard
    Do other people who work full time (i'm including parents in that - can't think of a more full-time job!) find they get much more tired since they were injured? I seem to be exhausted all the time these days and i don't think it's my age - i'm only 32!!
    Definitely. It seems random as well. I can be fine then WHAM! for two days
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

I find I go down as the week goes on. I just like to get out of this dang chair. Do the math I get up at 5:15 am, couple transfers to wo work at least they ALL day in wheelchair and 5:15 pm if I am lucky so we are doing hard time at work. I really get pissed at my boss for not getting me a chair because I am all over the building. I do like to move around a be active but just a few minutes out of this wheelchair makes a big difference. I sometime sneak into an empty room so I can lay on my stomach and let my legs spazm out and it fell like a pain reliever.