Thread: Triumphs-

Triumphs-

We finally did it- yeah. My son is in college, attending automotive classes through sheer determination and such patience the last four years through part-time use of a manual standing chair. This includes the fact that he's left the nest, another long awaited part of his hopes and dreams fulfilled.

Mom here is sooo very proud and pray life will be more kinder than it was getting here. Ah, just the last three weeks of mental hell we trecked through to achieve one out of two promises that life-changing day I made to him and myself, a week prior his graduation from high school- with immediate family going back on their word to help in supporting the move/housing of the night before our departure and a week of pure motel hell and finding a house that would accomodate the door width needed to get in and out at the very least and most. WHEW.

I write as I want to encourage those whom I know must be out there to never give up...for at times even though I love my son more than anyone and knew he needed at least the chance to see what he could do with all his abilities- just the paperwork and endless calls/deadends, lack of emotional support, as well a husband's injury w/ no income for four months now, etc. blah, blah, blah...
    well, at times, for a few seconds especially the last four mos. I thought about how much easier it would be in ways mentally of his being near me instead of across the states, etc. and give in/agree with the majority of family and professionals advising he choose a different career and college within his home state and affordability-
    but I couldn't do that- he deserved his chance no matter the risks/losses incurred otherwise.

My son's happiness with himself, his hope, his future possibilities- well they shine through in his voice during conversation during the limited phone calls I get, not the daily-at noon I wanted, lol. So here I am to say- Kid of mine, you go for it and give it one helluva a try.

And thank you to CareCure and it's members- for we couldn't have come this far without you.

Well, it's onward and now I've the time somewhere between the ten jobs I will have to work, heh, to focus more in the search for finding which direction and where we can give him the other chance, all here and throughout the world should have, in recovery-ability/gains/cure...it being the other promise I made that day four years ago.

I hope this to be an inspiration to others- keep after your dreams and your possibilities. Sometimes what seems impossible does become possible. Take care, Tees.
    Last edited by teesieme; 10-02-2006 at 11:33 AM.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Tees

It blesses my heart to see you still going forward......I just catch glimpses of your life through your posts but I am so happy for your son. What a wonderful strong mom you are. Congratulations to your son for persuing his dreams.....((((hugs))))
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

teesieme,

I'm still smiling from reading your post...

Lucky kid, lucky mom, lucky us that you shared. Savor the victories.

- Richard

TY.

You here at CC contributed so much more than anyone/anywhere else throughout- in ways of personal care, perseverence, how to's to name a few- we are lucky to have one another...with heartfelt thanks again to all you here who have taught me so much and for all I have yet to learn from you- your support/input is priceless.

[forgive my edit's]
    Last edited by teesieme; 10-03-2006 at 09:12 AM.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

I have always been humbled by the strength shown by the parents of kids with sci ...... you truly deserve to revel in the joy of the moment of your sons independance where once again you must show the power of your strength as a parent and let him go forward - without you ! Having just had 2 more of my own children strike out on their own and adapt to life without them - worrying and fretting about them from a distance - I can only imagine what it must be like for you with the additonal fears and concerns that go along with sci ! CC abounds with warrior women and I admire you with my whole heart Tees. I pray the light of strength and courage and peace follow you all the days of your life !

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

tess, it's a delight and and an encouragement to share in your excitement at your son's accomplishments. congrats!
    Daniel

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by roshni
    teesieme,

I'm still smiling from reading your post...
    Me too
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."