Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: War on evolution has a price

How many people use evolution in everyday life?
    The instructions on a bottle of antibiotics, to finish the course even though you feel better, are there are there to deal with the effects of evolution.
    People who fail to follow the instructions that come with the antibiotics and those who prescribe antibiotics when other treamtnets would be more appropriate could really benefit from an understanding of evolution to apply in their everyday life. Their ignorance accelerates the development of antibiotic resistance and does all of us a dis-service.

Heeheee. How many people use evolution in everyday life?

Most. Those of us that can't walk upright or use our opposable thumbs tend to use it less though.

Our people probably didn't crawl out of the slime pit solving calculus equations, Mr. Big Brain. I personally never did evolve to that degree.

This thread is hilarious. Yes, I am on pain medication.

The funny thing is is that the more enlightened one becomes the more simple science is questioned. We all know evolution takes place. But there are still significant holes in evolution. We should encourage thought and experimentation. We should not just accept evolution and move on. Intelligent design does not equal religion.

I would want my children taught both.

Quote Originally Posted by kate
    Maybe you should ask DA a simple question in French that any reasonably intelligent high school student ought to be able to answer . . . just kidding.
    lol I'm not that unfair. I'm passionate about language and I do often get overzealous with it. I don't intend to be mean but when I see DA, whose mother tongue is English, consistently and I sometimes think purposely use improper grammar and spelling, I get the urge to show him the right way. I'd expect no less from him if we spoke in equations and I consistently got it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bcripeq
    Intelligent design does not equal religion.
    How can you say that? Who is the designer? If it's God, then it is religion.

Quote Originally Posted by bcripeq
    Intelligent design does not equal religion.

I would want my children taught both.
    No, and it doesn't equal science, either. The argument is not about whether or not to teach children both evolution and id, but whether or not to pretend that they both belong in the science curriculum.

Well, there is scientific basis in id. As Wise has posted several times.

Quote Originally Posted by roshni
    ...and then you have a week like this where 3 Americans win Nobels in Medicine, Physics, and Chemistry.
    A very good reason and example for NOT letting our science be incinerated along with excess embryos.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    How can you say that? Who is the designer? If it's God, then it is religion.

Thats just it. who is the designer?

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    the ironic part is this thread is about evolution. evolution says everyone is different. some ppl have strong skills in one area and weak in others. yet you attack ppl for not being strong in all areas. this is why i say liberals dont understand none of which they preach. this is the true nature of liberalism.

btw, you can study all you want. had you answer this, i would have posted a simple problem that would freeze a calculator.

Don't you all love how he got " how many people uses evolution in everyday life" around to bashing the "true nature of liberalism". I was wondering how he'd get there. Sooner or later everything he winds up saying is the same thing. Well, that's evolution for ya.
    Last edited by eagle18; 10-04-2006 at 02:53 PM.