Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: state of the art computer

state of the art computer

This was real.

Hmmm....notice the price....$666.66

Apple computers are STILL state of the art tho I LOVE my powerbook and when it's time to upgrade I'll get a MacBook Pro
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

They really had a great idea there.
    In the late '80s I designed an implantable pacemaker that was very similar to the Apple - aside from the pacing-specific stuff it had a slightly modified 6502 CPU with 8K RAM and (I think it was) 8K ROM. We wrote our own "operating system" and all the programming was in assembly of course, not Basic. No cassette interface! I still like the 6502 - its circuit was relatively straightforward & easy to understand.
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf
    They really had a great idea there.
    In the late '80s I designed an implantable pacemaker that was very similar to the Apple - aside from the pacing-specific stuff it had a slightly modified 6502 CPU with 8K RAM and (I think it was) 8K ROM. We wrote our own "operating system" and all the programming was in assembly of course, not Basic. No cassette interface! I still like the 6502 - its circuit was relatively straightforward & easy to understand.
    - Richard
    Richard, we are showing our age to all the young chickens. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    Hmmm....notice the price....$666.66

Apple computers are STILL state of the art tho I LOVE my powerbook and when it's time to upgrade I'll get a MacBook Pro
    Naw, not for me. I'll keep doing my part to make Bill Gates richer and richer. Maybe he'll thank me for it some day and donate a few million towards spinal cord research.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

$666.66 may be a subtle attempt to tell the world that the computer is the antichrist. I have heard that somewhere but my memory fails me this morning.....LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    $666.66 may be a subtle attempt to tell the world that the computer is the antichrist. I have heard that somewhere but my memory fails me this morning.....LOL
    Why should this morning be any exception, dunderhead?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    Why should this morning be any exception, dunderhead?
    Somehow I knew that was coming....LOL at least you gave me a good giggle!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

1Wasn't that back in the early hobbyist era along with the competing TRS-80s and such? It was the Apple II's that really pushed Apple into schools and businesses.

My first real computer was the IBM 8088 with the 8087 math coprocessor. When I upgraded to a 10 MB hard drive, it was pretty nice not having to boot up with a floppy. Times sure do change.

Speaking for all of us older people, I remember when a abacus was the state of art.

Actually Apple was the state of the art when it came out. Too bad it's owners did not realize that by not licensing the rights to it's operating system as did Gates with Windows, it would cause then severe financial problems.
    mike