Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Internet Pictures

Believe also the Brit PM Churchill one time said some thing like; a dog look up on you, a cat look down on you, and the third one which looked us directly in our eyes, we just eat, -last line modified by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Believe also the Brit PM Churchill one time said some thing like; a dog look up on you, a cat look down on you, and the third one which looked us directly in our eyes, we just eat, -last line modified by me.
    I think that we eat the animals that we don't look into the eyes of. For example, the pig has squinty eyes. I always found it strange when people refused to have the heads of animals on the plates when they ate. The eyeball, in particular, has been a source of squeemishness for many.

Wise.

A host of friends

http://www.coldwaterimages.com/green_sea_turtle.html
    Green sea turtles (Chelonia mydas) seem to really enjoy taking time out to get cleaned. These gold-ring surgeonfish (Ctenochaetus strigosus) and yellow tangs (Zebrasoma flavescens) eek out a living nibling at algae that grows on the reef. You can imagine their excitment when a turtle who's been out at sea arrives sporting a shell with a lush carpet of algal growth. This turtle has an injured flipper. Monofilament fishing line and other refuse create entanglement hazards for a wide variety of marine animals, turtles included.

"Kona", Hawaii
    January 6, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    I think that we eat the animals that we don't look into the eyes of. For example, the pig has squinty eyes. I always found it strange when people refused to have the heads of animals on the plates when they ate. The eyeball, in particular, has been a source of squeemishness for many.

Wise.
    Actually, many here at the western parts where I live does, a bit further into the mountains and country though, the eyeballs are supposed to be a delicacy. Old fashion way to eat sheep (dried, smoked then heated), very good way to eat sheep but some also eats the head, and have special head parties, quite common up-front of x-mass. Named in native as “smalahoved”, no images here to ruin your thread as for the average viewer, just a link. Scroll down to Norway and click the link. http://www.weird-food.com/weird-food-mammal.html

Never tasted the eyeballs myself, tradition I guess, you se here out by the cost people also had sheeps, and still does, but then, also better ways to get food, like fish. Guess the idea to eat all was a way to take care of nature and not let any go to waste.