Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Internet Pictures

Leif, what is amazing to me is the bottom of that walkway. Imagine what it is or it would be like to look down and see so much space between you and the bottom of that portion of the canyon. Wow!! It must also be scarey to those who have a fear of heights. I kind of feel the shivers running up my spine and into my hair roots.

Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Leif, what is amazing to me is the bottom of that walkway. Imagine what it is or it would be like to look down and see so much space between you and the bottom of that portion of the canyon. Wow!! It must also be scarey to those who have a fear of heights. I kind of feel the shivers running up my spine and into my hair roots.

Raven
    I think the Grand Canyon project is a very good one, a good business idea too, bet it will attract many tourists. Here are a few photos I took ten years ago a nice summer day (just before the sci started to sneak up on me) from the rock above, quality so and so.

This is where I grew up, on the New Hampshire side of the Connecticut River, looking over and into the Mts. of Vermont.
    I still return a couple times a year, sometimes I feel insane for not living there right now!

The Grass is Always Greener...

Cljanney – I have been driving through New Hampshire and Vermont, beautiful landscape.

cljanney, those pictures are beautiful. Would love to see them in real life. The one with the autumn leaves reminded me of one occassion I went to Albuquerque in the Fall. I was traveling down this country road and on both sides of the road, there were trees lining the road. The colours were so incredibly beautiful. Don't know if that road still might exist but it is on the way from I-25 to albuquerque. I had to get off I-25 to go stop at Istleta in New Mexico to get some of their oven baked bread. Anyways, that was the memory it brought back to mind. Thanks for sharing.

Raven

My favorite thing was going home from L.A., helping mom with some things that she needed done around the house, then after a hot sweaty day of good work, get my old BMW motorcycle out of our dying old barn, that no longer holds horses, and ride off onto the country roads helmetless, cooling down and taking in all the magic of those surroundings with just enough daylight left to hurry home to get yelled at for being late for dinner again... ahhh the simple things I miss the most.

Chris

Road trips are one of the worlds best inventions!

Leif,
    One of my life time goals is to sail around Scandinavia for a summer with a windsurfer and a bicycle and explore. Maybe come back with a woman.

Gotta invent that cure soon!

I really admire Daniella's wildlife photography. Here is a link to her Gallery on Pbase. http://www.pbase.com/zylen/image/75308311. The link takes you to her Snowy Owl photos, which I just think are incredible, but while you are there check out some more of her work.
    William M.
    T 6/7 Complete - 4/20/74

Thank you for the link Spad. I thought that the Snowy owls were beautiful but then saw the White tailed Kites and added them to my list of beautiful birds.

Recently, there were reports of some white birds assembling in an area outside of our city. We are supposed to protect any birds there. I am now wondering if these might be the White Kites. The description I recall being told was something similar.

Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    I think the Grand Canyon project is a very good one, a good business idea too, bet it will attract many tourists. Here are a few photos I took ten years ago a nice summer day (just before the sci started to sneak up on me) from the rock above, quality so and so.
    Here's a review of it, assuming you are talking about the skywalk
    http://www.hicks-wright.net/blog.php?id=5173