Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 521

Thread: Favorite Internet Pictures

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    Near by here. Prekestolen “The Preachers Pulpit or Pulpit Rock”. More pic’s here; http://home.online.no/~joeolavl/natur/prekestolen.htm a massive cliff some 600 meters above the Lysefjord. One gets a few butterflies in the stomach sitting with the legs outside the edge.


  2. #22
    Bet you can't guess what these are.


    http://www.deepseaimages.com/dsilibr...php?photo=9476

  3. #23
    Call me weird, but I've always been partial to this.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards
    Call me weird, but I've always been partial to this.

    I have loved that blue mushrooms picture since I first saw it in 2000 . It is frequently on my desktop. I am totally obsessed with Digital Blashphemy.

    Leif that picture is totally spectacular! I am very disappointed I did not know about that place when I visited Norway about seven years ago. It would have been wonderful to have gone there and hung my legs over the edge

  5. #25
    Another artist I enjoy, Julie Dillon.



    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    Quote Originally Posted by orangejello
    Leif that picture is totally spectacular! I am very disappointed I did not know about that place when I visited Norway about seven years ago. It would have been wonderful to have gone there and hung my legs over the edge
    Many people take the hike up there, especially during summertime, it is also quite easy to get there (well except in this chair without using a chopper that is). Oddly enough no one has fallen off the rock, given how crowded it can be there, I also remember when I was there one time a group of youngsters was sitting with their legs over the edge, while they was partying and drinking beer like the most natural thing to do
    Where did you visit while you were here?

    Nice pics everyone.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Many people take the hike up there, especially during summertime, it is also quite easy to get there (well except in this chair without using a chopper that is). Oddly enough no one has fallen off the rock, given how crowded it can be there, I also remember when I was there one time a group of youngsters was sitting with their legs over the edge, while they was partying and drinking beer like the most natural thing to do
    Where did you visit while you were here?
    Sorry Leif I didn't see your question until now. I spent two weeks visiting a friend who at the time was living in Trondheim. Most of my time was spent in and around there, with us also taking a drawn out road trip up to Hammerfest, which I enjoyed very much. To my great regret I missed out on a boat trip to the North Cape because we left it until the last day and I ended up with food poisoning and couldn't go. But I was completely enchanted with northern Norway. I always planned to go back so I could see the south and eastern parts of the country, and also Oslo where I really only had less than one full day. But I never did
    Last edited by orangejello; 03-03-2007 at 04:52 PM.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    Quote Originally Posted by orangejello
    Sorry Leif I didn't see your question until now. I spent two weeks visiting a friend who at the time was living in Trondheim. Most of my time was spent in and around there, with us also taking a drawn out road trip up to Hammerfest, which I enjoyed very much. To my great regret I missed out on a boat trip to the North Cape because we left it until the last day and I ended up with food poisoning and couldn't go. But I was completely enchanted with northern Norway. I always planned to go back so I could see the south and eastern parts of the country, and also Oslo where I really only had less than one full day. But I never did
    No problem Orangé, I just did see this right now lol, been away. Trondheim is an educational city with good universities among other things (they also “Trondheim and Trøndelag (county)” have a long history from that part making good moonshine, maybe the University community there is part of it, if so, don’t tell and who knows lol). Hammerfest, that’s quite up north, has not been there myself there on Finnmark at that part. Have not been on the north cape plateau either, but I might take a drive this summer, have many relatives and some good friends up north there I see too seldom, a road trip is not too bad, not too long a driving distance either, well everything relative, but I’ve been to Canada and US, there you go when it comes to distances. Well, where I live up to the cape it is ca. 240 metric miles compared to a trans-am trip say 800 metric miles. Still if one put those 240 metric miles to go south from here I will be down in southern Italy and Spain when it comes to road miles (metric). The south and eastern parts of Norway puh lol, you missed these parts I guess, like they say “the west is best” . As for the legs over the cliff as for the photo above, I’ll se if I can dig up the image of the youngsters partying. Photo above was not taking by me by the way, I have better ones.

  9. #29
    This must present an awesome view of the grand Canyon.

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...andcanyon.html

    Raven

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    17,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    This must present an awesome view of the grand Canyon.

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...andcanyon.html

    Raven
    I did see that project a time earlier, great construction indeed.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 12:20 PM
  2. I guess that attitudes matter
    By Wise Young in forum Life
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 11:43 AM
  3. Best Spinal Cord Injury Pictures on Internet
    By Wise Young in forum Web Links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2002, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •