Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Internet Pictures

http://www.sportsshooter.com/news/1477

In case you think that this picture has been manipulated, it is real. This man was born without legs.

The story in a nutshell involved a rather stubborn and defiant young man by the name of Bobby Martin who was born without any legs. His three-foot tall body starts at his pelvis and that's it. Never knowing a life with legs, Bobby from an early age just adapted to using his arms and the pendulum motion of his body for movement. And after perfecting this method of locomotion for 17 years - and seeing it first hand - I can tell you this kid can move with the best of them. This is the ONLY life he's ever known.

So when he wanted to go try out for the football team that was perfectly natural to him. Like any man his age, he wants to be active and play sports. Football would be one answer. (Bobby also wrestles and is a shot putter.) The article went on to explain the absurdity of why Bobby was disqualified in his fourth game of the season (after playing in three without incident) for not wearing shoes, knee or thigh pads.

vow ...amaizing pics sir.panda right?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Scott;

Thanks for the great shots. Now, how about some by Pruett?

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

haha... thanks John.

IMO, all my stuff is boring these days. I've put so much time into non-creative work (commercial, real estate, etc) that I typically don't deem any of it worth sharing. I'll dig up a few things to post later - all my work is on another computer.

Scott, great stuff. Now that the page is stretched, let me stretch it more. Although the following is an ad for a resort, I have to say that the picture is gorgeous.

http://www.goldarths.com/Regulars/Re...ee_Seychelles/

Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.