Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abdominal cramps?

Abdominal cramps?

I have been experiencing pretty severe lower abdominal cramps lately. They have been severe enough to make me sick to my stomach. Has anyone experienced this type of pain?

Deb

Blog Entries
    DEB--

I've posted on this topic many times mostly to no avail. I searched all of the US for the right GI Doc and the internet for the solution.

I don't have the time right now to share my entire journey (you can email me if you want), but I will share the biggies.
    1. Most of my bloated stomach pain comes from spas,ms or irritation of the bladder.
    2. The next cause is similar to that of the nerve pain that takes norm,al digestion and makes it into extreme tightness of the abdomen.
    3. I m ust limit spicy, greasy, lactose-y, or other wise heav foods.

If I do all these it makes my abdomen feel bearable, but still far from good.

When do you get these pains? I truly hope you find a solution.

Either way...know that God loves you!

Thanks for the reply Surfcat. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason for when I get the cramps. I've noticed that Excedrin Migraine helps a little. I'm wondering if it is inflammation of the intestines. I'll let you know what I find out.

Deb

I did and still do ocassionally. I had all the tests done and it didn't give me any answers. Just my stomach and digestive tract have changed since I was paralized. Everything just slowed down. So I make sure what I eat is easily digestable and I take my time when eating.

I started out with severe stomach cramps and it was my internal hemorrhoid. Was feeling better but went ahead and had it cut. Very big mistake. Cannot tolerate sitting very much so I will be trying another colostomy. They say that the anal area is very sensitive.

I get gas that hurts like hell sometimes. The doc told me this was because of all the adhesions in my insides.

"The doc told me this was because of all the adhesions in my insides."

this sounds like a bland, avoidance, cop out answer

adhesions where, everywhere? adhesions can be very serious and you're told you have lots of them?

Debbie -- any updates? Any problems with your bladder? PLG

I have had a lot of operations. Its probably due to sitting on by butt all the time too.