Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys' Owens attempted suicide, police say

As a coach I think he should KNOW more details before going in front of the press. He should have talked to T.O. but from the sounds of things no one in the organization KNOWS much. TYPICAL with T.O. Parcell's style is not to say too much and he has been doing that with T.O. since he was signed. He didn't want the media to turn something he said around to cause more problems. We KNOW the media does do that.

Guess we wait to see what T.O. has to say.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
    http://www.kristi-allen.com

anyone else call ?

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I think it was all blown out of proportion. I tend to believe the guy, seems like a reaction from all the crap he takes to me.

But the 911 tape should tell us what his gal friend was thinking when she called. They both seemed believable to me.

I think he adds a lot to the cowboy's offense. He hasn't been 100% yet, but the boys will surely like to have him against philly...he'll be out for blood. So will the eagles, and it should be one hell of a game. They should sit him for the titan game, imo, but we'll see.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

On the CBS evening news, they down played as a media frenzy that it was just an allergic reaction to something. They called it a rumor......
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

T.O. is a guy that is crying out for attention....for whatever reason. Remember, he had a nasty and public falling out with the 49ers calling QB Jeff Garcia a homo. Then with the Eagles, he wanted to renegotiate his contract and publicly slammed QB Donovan McNabb. Later on he was suspended by the Eagles for arguing with the coach.
    He has those stupid and childish touchdown celebrations such as; On September 24, 2000 in Dallas, Terrell Owens showed off his excitement after his two touchdown catches by running from the endzone to midfield and celebrating on the Dallas Cowboys' famous star logo. The second time Owens made a trip to the star, Cowboys safety George Teague hit him during the celebration, sending him sprawling to the turf. Owens was suspended a week for his actions by his head coach at the time Steve Mariucci, and had a week's pay docked as well.
    During a Monday Night Football game against the Seattle Seahawks on October 14, 2002, Owens pulled a Sharpie marker out of his sock to sign the football he caught to score a touchdown, and then gave the ball to his financial planner, who was in the stands.
    In a game against the Green Bay Packers, Owens scored a touchdown and ran to a row of cheerleaders beyond the endzone. He reached out and asked to borrow two pompoms from a 49ers cheerleader, which he then playfully shook, doing his own brief spontaneous routine before dropping them to the ground.
    On November 17, 2003, the 49ers hosted the Pittsburgh Steelers in a Monday night game, and Owens wore a wristband with the words "The Answer" emblazoned on it. Just over eight minutes into the game, he caught a 61-yard touchdown pass from Tim Rattay (who was starting at quarterback because Jeff Garcia was injured), and excitedly pointed to the wristband after reaching the end zone to draw attention to it. After the game (won by San Francisco 30-14), Owens was asked by a sideline reporter the significance of the slogan on the wristband, and he replied: "Because I am The Answer." "The Answer" is the widely known nickname of Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson.

Celebrations in Philadelphia
    The Bird Dance "The Bird" became T.O's trademark dance with the Eagles. In 2004 season the Birdheadz (The Original 'Ol Head, Whey Cooler and DJ Holland) a local Philadelphia group came up with a song called "Flying with the Birdz, Do the Bird" during the Eagles 2003 playoff run. T.O. did the Bird Dance all that season after a big play or TD. During the Super Bowl New England players mocked Owens's Bird Dance during their celebrations.
    Imitated and mocked the trademark pre-game ritual of Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis after scoring a touchdown while playing against the Ravens in the 2004 season.
    After catching a touchdown from Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb during a game in Cleveland, Owens ran through the end zone and tore down a hand-made sign which read, "T.O. has B.O.".
    After scoring his 100th career touchdown in Philadelphia, he pulled a towel from his waist, folded it over his arm, and then placed the football in the palm of his hand, holding it over his shoulder and pretending to serve it up to the opposing team like a waiter would present a meal.
    After scoring a touchdown against the Chicago Bears in 2004, Owens celebrated by doing sit-ups in the end zone.
    In a game against Dallas, Owens scored two touchdowns. Upon scoring the first, he mimed ice skating, whereas after the second touchdown, he found himself conveniently in the endzone painted for Dallas, with their signature star logo right near where he was. In an apparently spontaneous move, Owens stepped onto the star logo, leaned back and stretched out his arms in triumph as a more understated tribute to his 2000 celebration in which he ran out to the big star logo at midfield.
    All this nonsense IMHO is someone saying "look at me"!!! Pay attention to me!! I think his latest overdose thing was simply another page in the pathetic T.O. book of selfish attention getting schemes. He's a cancer in the clubhouse and a sorry puke of a man.

Smokey,

I agree that Owens is a disturbed young man who has an unhealthy need for attention. Where we differ is in our views of the celebrations. I like the endzone celebrations. I think when guys are trying remove your head to prevent you from crossing the goaline, you've got a right to crow when you get there. I like the humor, creativity and flavor the celebrations bring to the modern game.

Terrell is a gifted athelete with a work ethic second to none. Where T.O. goes wrong is when he critizes members of his own team and organization. He fails to understand that the team goal must be to win games, not glorify talented players with damaged egos.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

He's very immature. He wasn't liked much as a kid, didn't have friends, girls weren't interested, etc. He used to run from badass guys who would have beat him up as a kid, etc. The dude doesn't have any social skills at all from what I can tell.

I think parcells has a sentimental streak a mile wide, and if anybody can knock some maturity into TO, it's parcells...if he wants to. If he doesn't care one way or the other about TO personally, TO will crash and burn.

Looking at his press conference yesterday, the dude was exhibiting some very guilty body language before the questions started. Granted sometimes people exhibit guilty body language even when innocent, so it's hard to judge just what the hell happened.

How and why did someone from the press get the cop's statement before it was released officially? Something stinks in the whole affair on both sides, it's a soap opera for sure, and it very well might distract the cowboy's in a negative way. I don't know if the boys can make the post season without TO, maybe they can. But I don't know if they can make it there with TO, either.

---
    "The officers reacted because they were called to this location to do this job. Now they're being put under a microscope by some fancy little football person," Sr. Cpl. Glenn White said. "Give me a break. Those officers are 10 times better than this man."
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Old Fool, ya an end zone celebration can be ok...but he takes it to the level of taunting the other players and their fans...and that's why they want to take his head off even more. Sure, it makes for good theater, but his apparent insatiable appetite for end zone antics diminished the notion and concept of a "team". I mean he parades around like he threw the pass, caught it, blocked the linemen and kicked the extra point all by himself. If he was on my team he would get under my skin. Yes he can catch a ball and run, but what about the other guys on the team that are face down in the mud that made it possible for him to do it? Enough ranting I guess. I heard too much T.O. bullshit on the radio and tv in the past 24 hours,lol. I need a T.O. (Time Out)!

Quote Originally Posted by van damn
    Poor T.O.--healthy body,millions,he is a pussy.
    No one would argue that poverty and ill health are reasons for one to be distraught, but you aren't really saying that being rich and able bodied means that one MUST be happy and have no cause for depression or other mental pain, are you?

C.

In my opinion....No stomach pump = No suicide attempt

This would be a non-story if it was anyone other than TO....But because he is a human ratings-spike, the media pimped, peddled, and pushed this story for all it was worth....