Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Going Veggie?

Good News

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck
    It's been about a month since I went on a limited meat diet--more vegetables and fruits. I do eat poultry and fish, but very little red meat. I don't miss the meat, at least not as much as I thought I would. I have lost eight pounds. Goal is to lose a total of 15 pounds. I find I favor steamed vegetables on the crisp side--I like the feel and sound of crunching. I do eat more nuts, especially almonds and walnuts, plus cheese. For me, I think I've found a good diest, one that allows me to maintain a good body weight, is healthy and tasty.

I'm Loaded,
    Carrie Lottsa
    Hey, Redneck, that's real good going that you've lost half your goal weight in a month.

I'm real partial to "wild caught" Coho salmon. Do you have any favorites in the seafood area?
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Something's Fishy

Juke: Yeah, I go for fresh caught salmon, too. Was at Sam's Club last Friday and saw fresh salmon, and other fresh sea food. I like talipia and grouper as well. For me, fresh fish does not require much seasoning, perhaps a squeeze of lemon and ground pepper. As I said earlier, I'm not missing red meat very much. However, I could be persuaded to chomp into a thick beef steak, medium rare.

Stiffly,
    Arthur Ritis

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck
    Been giving serious thought to moving away from most meat and toward more vegetables and fruits. I've been a caravoir all my life, but now in my "golden years" less meat and more fruits and vegetables makes sense. I currently take a multi vitamin daily. Any suggestions, problems, etc.?

Scott Ish
    I only eat fish as a source of meat, the rest of the time I eat vegetarian meals and soy products.
    One book that was really helpful when I decided to do this was "The Complete Idiots Guide to Becoming Vegetarian". It had charts, receipes, meal plans, and other stuff. Another book that's good is called "Living Among Meat Eaters". Both of these books can be bought on Amazon.com

Jessie

Quote Originally Posted by jessie.gray
    I only eat fish as a source of meat, the rest of the time I eat vegetarian meals and soy products.
    One book that was really helpful when I decided to do this was "The Complete Idiots Guide to Becoming Vegetarian". It had charts, receipes, meal plans, and other stuff. Another book that's good is called "Living Among Meat Eaters". Both of these books can be bought on Amazon.com

Jessie
    Along the same motivational lines, from the ecological, ethical and spiritual considerations, "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins.

It's also available through Amazon dot com:

The Food Revolution: How Your Diet Can Help Save Your Life and Our World
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane