Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up from the pain.

Blog Entries

Unhappy is this just a pity party or what?

what are we waiting for?
    is there anything noble in this?
    not in my opinion.
    it's pathetic,
    but who would understand?

Tim , I've been in a battle with Cronic Pain for over 21 years , and in this past year I've learned through the people here at CareCure that I'm not all alone there are many of us fighting it one day at a time , I was already to give up , but that is a very selfish move , just thinking what it would do to my wife and 2 daughters and my grandson , I've found out there are people out there who care , sit back and look at all the people who answered your post , they care or you would have no responce at all , but what was the total of people trying to help you , over 50 last time I looked , a lot of people understand , just don't give up or you're the looser , but you want to win , I do at least , just take it 1 day at a time , for all we know there may not be a tomorrow ,take care and good luck Tim ,From Someone who cares ;Larry

Tim C...I just can't begin to imagine the pain you suffer thru on a daily basis. I find myself praying more for a pain cure than even an sci cure.

Just having an sci is bad enough without topping it off by living with extreme pain 24/7. I just saw a warning on tv yesterday about the drug fentonal (sp) which I understand is given when nothing else seems to work as it is 4-5 times stronger than even morphine. I know you have listed the many drugs you have taken and they haven't even taken the edge off. I know this fentonal can't be taken in conjunction with lots of other drugs but if you haven't it might be worth a shot to ask your doc
    about it.

I know it doesn't help much but just know that you, like Larry and many others in here are held close to our hearts and prayed for in the hopes of finding ways to eliminate your pain.

In only presuming to understand your pain, it just breaks my heart for you to have to endure this day after day.

Q
    Your life is what you make it, and only you have that choice!

Every day I feel worse, and more depressed. As I don't sleep, I get to enjoy this 24 hours a day. Doctors offer nothing, not even for things that should be treatable, like the popping shoulder blades and the scoliosis. The burning intensifies, as does the tight cramped feeling and all the other wonderful sensations, and I just want it all to end.

My poor mother doesn't deserve this, nor do I or anyone else.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Blog Entries

Question Alan; as a long time sufferer, no less poster on this forum,

what is your secret for survival and not giving up?

What is your long term plan?

Others?

I was told today that relief may not be had.
    Unhappy quad.

I just realized something when Tim said...

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C.
    I was told today that relief may not be had.
    Unhappy quad.
    EVERYONE here is an individual little SCI Researcher in their own way.

How can that be???!!!

Well, Look at all the experience, all the ideas, all the support that is posted here, with countless words and keystrokes...

People have sat for hours on end just saying...

HEY this happened to me...watch out...

Or HEY...I found a fantastic way to do something...

Or HEY...I am here I will listen...

Or HEY...I really really need to talk to someone...

Every single word that has ever been posted here has meant something to someone...

Quit looking because someone said relief may not be had?

Oh I think NOT...

Because...we all are a part of a chain... To quit would bring total breakdown of the chain of hope...

Hope...four little letters...One small word/one HUGE meaning...

Keep hope alive...

Take care, God Bless,

Teena

Blog Entries

Cat scan for abdomen scheduled this morn, too dehydrated to not drink

until contrast shit. but spasms hurt too much. tone is painful
    caregiver wants relief.
    damn this pain

Tim , I know all about Pain and spasms , I've been dealing with them for 21 years , a least we can let others know how we are feeling , what about those who can't speak to let others know how they are feeling , because they can't speak , the way I have learned to live with it , I look around and there is always someone in worse shape than I am that's how I find my relief , I take my medication and just thankful that I'm not like some of the people I've seen . I am just thankful I don't have some incureable diease like Cancer or M.S. or some other disease: I owe what I've learned in the past weeks and how to deal with it ,because of a very dear friend Queen , and a few other but the list is to long to list but they know who they are and I want to thank them , as most of them are trying to help you to Tim , they have lots of thoughts and prayers for you or they wouldn't write any posts to you TIM you have more friends than you think alway with you in their daily thoughts and prays , take their advise :LBUSH
    Last edited by LBUSH49; 09-29-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C.
    until contrast shit. but spasms hurt too much. tone is painful
    caregiver wants relief.
    damn this pain
    hopefully they fins something they can fix and stop your incapacitating pain
    cauda equina

Clinical Trials

Tim, I'm not sure if you have access to facilities that are involved in clinical trials or not. If so, there are a couple trials at the Rehab Institute of Chicago that might also be in your area. I will be in Chicago to discuss one of these for my son in a week. I will let you know what we learn. For now, here are the trials that they are currently recruiting for as it relates to neuropathic pain. If nothing else, be encouraged that there is substantial research out there that hopefully, will help to treat the hellish pain that accompanies SCI.

Clinical Trial TitleOxcarbazepine in the Management of Defined Neuropathic
    Pain Conditions: A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo Controlled Pilot StudyStudy SponsorNovartis
    IRB Protocol #244-012
    Investigator(s)R. Norman Harden, MD
    David Chen, MD
    Michelle Gittler, MD
    Todd Kuiken, MD
    Thomas Remble, MS
    Timothy T. Houle, PhD
    Patricia Daschbach, BA
    Study ObjectiveThe purpose of this research study is to test the efficacy of oxcarbazepine (Trileptal®) in selected chronic neuropathic pain conditions:
    1. spinal cord injury pain
    2. amputee/residual limb pain, and
    3. phantom limb pain.
    This is a 7 week study involving 4 clinical visits of 30-60 minutes each and 6 telephone interviews of less than 5 minutes each.
    Who Can ParticipateAmputees or Spinal Cord Injury patients over the age of 18 who have chronic pain, AND who are not on Workers Compensation or in litigation, do not have kidney or liver problems, do not have a history of hypersensitivity to anti-seizure medications (such as Tegretol or Carbatrol). Women who are pregnant, attempting to conceive, or breast-feeding may not participate.
    For More InformationCall the Center for Pain Studies at 312.238.5654.

Clinical Trial TitleLevetiracetam in the Management of Defined Neuropathic Pain Conditions: A Double Blind, Randomized, Crossover, Placebo Controlled Pilot Study Emphasizing Time Series and Hierarchical Analysis
    Study SponsorUCB Pharmalevetiracetam244-016
    Investigator(s)R. Norman Harden, MD
    David Chen, MD
    Michelle Gittler, MD
    Todd Kuiken, MD
    Thomas Remble, MS
    Timothy T. Houle, PhD
    Patricia Daschbach, BA
    Study ObjectiveThe purpose of this research study is to test the usefulness of levetiracetam (Keppra®) for managing neuropathic pain in different types of illnesses or conditions. You are being asked to participate in this study because you have pain as a result of nerve damage (also called neuropathic pain) that is related to your illness or condition. Illnesses or conditions include:
    1. multiple sclerosis,
    2. post-stroke pain,
    3. radiculopathy pain, and
    4. post-amputation pain.
    Participation in this study will last for 24 weeks and will involve 4 visits of 30-60 minutes each, and approximately 14 phone contacts of less than 5 minutes each.
    Who Can ParticipatePatients with MS, pain following a stroke, radiculopathy pain, or pain associated with amputation (residual limb pain or phantom limb pain) over the age of 18 who have chronic pain, AND who are not on Workers Compensation or in litigation, do not have kidney problems or anemia, do not have a history of hypersensitivity to anti-seizure medications (such as Keppra®). Women who are pregnant, attempting to conceive, or breast-feeding may not participate.
    For More InformationContact the Center for Pain Studies at 312.238.5654
    Last edited by IMHopeful; 09-29-2006 at 09:54 AM.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr