Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ready to give up from the pain.

Hang in there bud. I had nerve pain like a muther when I first got out of the hospital. It felt like I was being fried in oil. I told my Doc SCI is bad enough, but then having to deal with the pain is just too much. I understand where you are coming from.

He put me on Neurontin. It didn't seem to work at first, but I kept taking it. I got up to 2400mg a day. I also started sleeping on my belly. It finally started working. I took 2400mg a day for about 6 months, then the pain seemed to slowly go away and I weened myself off of the meds.

It's been 7 yrs since I've taken any. Occasionally I'll get that slight feeling of that pain again. If I had a long day or something. I'll go to sleep and wake the next day feeling better. I think it might have something to do with sleeping on my belly. Have you ever tried sleeping on your belly?

Any girls out there that don't sleep on their bellies? Well, then, can I? J/K
    Dats a good bar line I use sometimes.

Tim, I wish you luck. Hopefully things will get better. If you haven't tried Neurotin, try it once. You may get relief.
    Last edited by rathole; 09-24-2006 at 01:42 AM.

well. it's kind of obvious from the posts who has similar pain and who doesn't.

not much more i can say, except don't expect it to go away. been with me 20 yrs and many other chronic sufferers.

but, please don't let that discourage you. just know there are many others out there living with it. there is some encouragement to be gleaned from that.

i have days i cannot get out of bed and i think sometimes i would just like morphine or something to get me through those days. i literally lie in 1 position because any movement hurts.

then there are days i can almost remember what it was like to be pain free.

there's no question. pain sucks so much more than paralysis.

try to hang in there.

Man, its 3:12 and i'm awake with only my sorry a.. pain. I hate it. Don't mean to hijack your thread Tim, but what I said earlier about the late night pain is here. I'm so sleepy but I can't fall asleep that I want to cry. I don't cry because I know its not gonna help. Although I dhould try it antways.
    AstrO

cry. scream at the ceiling. i do.

Don't be a quitter. Right now you are just too deep in the forest to see that you really don't have a problem. The key is that I just lost my train of thought because I just saw all the beer bottles taken out from the basement. I'll get back to you.

Blog Entries

no death wish here, just want a fair shot at life.

it sucks being a quad, it doubly sucks being a hi quad, but friggin hell if these are capped with 24/7 pain. to boot, i believe it all triggered by bowel, poor digestion, and incessent uti's. i'm always chasing better md's for fresh eyes looking at me. still, it seems because i face a few issues simultneously, no md can get it right. god forbid they confer with each other.
    today i awake to stomach pain, high spasms, too-dry mouth, a bp that put me into disreflex, limb pain, and junk in my urine despite just coming off of 7days of macrodantin. post (decent size) bp, i've got stomach pain, leg and shoulder pain. my stomach hurts when touched, especially near my sp tube. i can't ever eject stomach air entrained.
    i take the right precautions, i try the right lifestyle. 24/7 out-of-paper caregivers which i hire and train. drink water, laxatives, pain ...
    pain doctors? you have got to be kidding, even living in NY, i find you're worthy of 5mins of their time. i'll give you names. they suck.
    yet my head remains focused undeterred, my caregivers recoil in horror when they witness my hell.
    truly, i'd rather live, but why like this?

Blog Entries
    neurontin [gabapentin] ,fentanyl pops, protonix, zelnorm, ducolax pills 2x/day, go lightly,
    tried everything, screw this pain and zero life

Tim,

Your dry mouth is probably the result of the medication you're taking. I wouldn't be concerned with that one unless it's just annoying.

For spasms, I took Zanaflex and Baclofen for years. I took those along with Imiprimine. All these together kept my anxiety in check unknowingly to me until I quit them all.

I can't offer any constructive advice Tim - but I sure hope it does get better for you.

I am thankful that I don't suffer pain and when I read posts like this, I'm reminded of how truly lucky I am.

Keep the faith.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C.
    neurontin [gabapentin] ,fentanyl pops, protonix, zelnorm, ducolax pills 2x/day, go lightly,
    tried everything, screw this pain and zero life
    Tim-
    I know you've run the gamut of pain relievers, and work with your many dr's trying to find pain relief, but I can't remember if you've tried Topamax instead of Neurontin. I know that for me(and I know we're all different, and my neuro pain isn't anywhere near yours, but it still gets up there) Neurontin didn't do much for my pain and the negative side effects made things worse. Maybe it would help you, it might be worth a shot.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......