Thread: Gentamicin

Gentamicin

I have had a UTI for the past 2 months. Every time I take a antibiotic it takes care of the bug that was detected. I then submit a urine sample and a different bug would show up. I am now using Gentamicin. I put 40cc into my SP and clamp it off for 30 minutes then let it drain on its own. I am doing this 3 times a day for 5 days. Has anyone ever used this before? Does it have to stay in for the full 30 minutes? Any information is appreciated.

Unfortunately I cant really be of much help to you but just wanted to say that I hope the genta flushes are working and that you UTI is starting to settle down.
    When I have a really bad UTI I always have genta via an IV but sometimes when it is really bad my urologist will do a cystascope and give my bladder a good clean out of all the grit etc and flush a heap of genta into my bladder at the same time just to give me a head start.
    Have never heard of anyone flushing with it on a regular basis but I'm sure there are people that do it, hopefully someone will come along soon with some answers for you.
    Cheers
    Wheels

Thank you for the reply. I will be seeing my urologist this Tuesday, I am going to discuss getting my bladder cleaned out. I have also had problems with a lot of sediment over the past couple months after going around 15 years without any problems sediment. I will see what he wants to do. Thank you again

Goodbye everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay
    Goodbye everyone.

goodbye kevin.
    Daniel