Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size 20 indwelling cath

Size 20 indwelling cath

Anyone ever had a size 20 cath pushed up their urethera?

Ow. Nope, 16 is the largest I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by EDD
    Anyone ever had a size 20 cath pushed up their urethera?
    Yes, why?

You can use a 20 cath, but the question is why? If you are trying to stop a leaking bladder, that generally will not help. The problem is usually caused by a spastic bladder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman
    Yes, why?
    The reason why I,m asking is that since I had this inserted up my uretha the time I was in hospital for bleeding I havent stop leaking since. I think now they streched my sphinter mussle. Can this be fixed. As I,m now constantly leaking even a few minutes after I do the SIC. Help needed before i put a gun to my head. LOL

You need to see your urologist. It is impossible to tell what damage, if any has been done to your urethra or sphincter. A cystoscopy probably is needed.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    You need to see your urologist. It is impossible to tell what damage, if any has been done to your urethra or sphincter. A cystoscopy probably is needed.

(KLD)
    There is no resistance now when I do the SCI so i know the sphinter is damaged I dont need my uroligist to tell me this. I,m now my own doctor now at this stage when it comes to these things..

I just need to know how can this be tightened up again?

Why in God's name would they jam a 20 fr up you???? It doesn't make sense. I use a 14f....just thinking about it makes my blood curdle!! Owwwwoooowwww! If you did not get pain you sure would get AD in a hurry. That is a darn fire hose!
    Disability is not a medical problem with social issues, but rather a social problem with medical issues.
    Franklin D. Rosevelt

You shouldn't feel resistance at your sphincter when you cath. Get urodynamics studies and other tests to see what is going on.

CWO

on thurs. i had a 20 put in my sp and OUT my urethra THEN INFLATED....been bleeding like a stuck pig, but thats another thread...sorry