Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ta-da! Stanley! (new name .... not Odin anymore)

Smile Ta-da! Stanley! (new name .... not Odin anymore)

Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami

He is beautiful. How can you not love a face like that???

Congratulations !!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Isn't he GORGEOUS!!!!!???!!!! He is only TEN weeks old ... oh my, this is going to be a huge dog. He is such a puppy baby, he is afraid of stairs, afraid of our kitten (lol, he has since figured out he is bigger and kitten has backed off ... it was quite humorous).

Daniel was right: open doors is a huge thing he will do, answer the phone for Chad (big push button phone), pick up his mouthstick, sweep toys and objects out of his way (we have toys everywhere that Chad gets stuck behind), walk with him, bark/alert us if Chad has a seizure, and be a companion. I'm sure there will be more, but that's what we're planning for now. He already has learned to sit, hold (our word for stay since stay and stanley sound similar), and follow left or follow right (walk on left or right of me).

Going out today to have some fun - he had a HUGE walk this am which produced a HUGE poop. Thank god - now it's a lower risk he'll poop in the house! (but of course not a guarantee)

I've had maximum of 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours, I am SO tired!!!

Aww! He is so precious.

That is a big dog for 10 weeks....LOL We are talking monster sized poops....LOL I wish I could train my to pick up their toys at least. He has such caring eyes. Does he shed? At least you will know when his feet are dirty.... all that white. I see he is quite comfortable in the bed already. It is funny about the fears. I have had one of my little dogsfor over a year and he attacks the vaccum cleaner. He starts barking and howling, a very shrill ear piercing howl. I bet my neighbors down the street think I am beating him....LOL Then the other dog, my shi tzu, gets all upset and starts barking like it is real urgent. So vaccuming turns my house into a zzooo...LOL

I cant wait to hear all your dog tales.....
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

No shedding believe it or not, that is a major characteristic of a true Australian labradoodle. He is so sweet, I just can't get over it ....

And yes - monster size is correct! OMG! I am used to cats - what a difference.

zillazangel,

Stanley is adorable! Looks like life is about to get REALLY interesting...

Lots of luck to you.

Aww Ami ..... Stanley is wicked sweet ! Best of luck with the potty training .. once thats licked everything else is gravy !

Shady our pound puppy is Bill's best friend as I am sure Stan will be Chad's. She doesn't do any super tricks but she provides much needed companionship and a "sounding board" for all of lifes woes. Bill talks to Shady all the time .... about everything
    .... I think thats a good thing .... right .....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Welcome stanley have lots of fun with him he is so cute anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

He is adorable! How much does he weigh? He looks VERY big for 10 weeks... are you sure his name isn't Marmaduke? He also looks fond of your shoe LOL