Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to take part in the ChinaSCINet with the nationality of Taiwan?

Question How to take part in the ChinaSCINet with the nationality of Taiwan?

Dear Dr. Young,

My brother got injured last year in a traffic accident and left him a complete T12-L1 SCI patient/ASIA-A. It's been about one year since then. And luckily, I found a lot of useful informations here and am excited to know that you are in charge of the clinical trials of SCI in China and you did came to Taiwan last winter.

Now, we are considering to go to Hong Knog and participate in the program. Here I have some questions:

1. Are we residents in Taiwan included in this CHINESE program? Are we foreigners? If so, how can we participate with the identity of a foreigner?

2. I plan to visit HK this weekend and wonder if there's anything I could do for helping my brother to take part in this program. Should I go to those centers joining ChinaSCINet? Or should I take the case history, the anamnesis with me? And which center should I go to: The University of Hong Kong, The Open University of Hong Kong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong?

Thank you for all your patient and support.

Jim's Angel

I understand how you feel, desperate to get help. Unfortunately, there is no cure now. How far from cure, we don't know. I remember people were talking about cure in 5 years when I got injuried. That was year 2001. Don't try to waste your energy and money going to China. The treatment is very unmature, and not effective either. I got that conclusion from my own experience. Best thing to do is, forget about cure, focus what you can do with your disability. It is very hard. But that is the only way out.
    Sorry about the discouragment. Saddly, it is the cold reality we have to face.

Dear suoz,

Thank you for your reply. Knowing that someone feels the same thing is comforting enough. Yeah, it's a cold reality outside for my brother to face but I definitely will stand by him. All I wish to keep is the faith, which makes he walk on without desperation. And thank you for sharing the experience in China, too. We would never go to China to take any kind of medical treatments. We know the quality well.

All the best,
    Jim's Angel

Quote Originally Posted by suoz
    I understand how you feel, desperate to get help. Unfortunately, there is no cure now. How far from cure, we don't know. I remember people were talking about cure in 5 years when I got injuried. That was year 2001. Don't try to waste your energy and money going to China. The treatment is very unmature, and not effective either. I got that conclusion from my own experience. Best thing to do is, forget about cure, focus what you can do with your disability. It is very hard. But that is the only way out.
    Sorry about the discouragment. Saddly, it is the cold reality we have to face.

Hi Suoz, I believe you are referring to Dr. Huang's treatment and Jim's Angel is referring to the ChinaSCINet trials which haven't started yet. Dr. Huang's OEG treatment is not part of the ChinaSCINet trials.

Jim's Angel,

We have just accepted two centers in Taiwan into ChinaSCINet: the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and the National Taiwan University. They should be starting the observational trial soon.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Angel
    Dear Dr. Young,

My brother got injured last year in a traffic accident and left him a complete T12-L1 SCI patient/ASIA-A. It's been about one year since then. And luckily, I found a lot of useful informations here and am excited to know that you are in charge of the clinical trials of SCI in China and you did came to Taiwan last winter.

Now, we are considering to go to Hong Knog and participate in the program. Here I have some questions:

1. Are we residents in Taiwan included in this CHINESE program? Are we foreigners? If so, how can we participate with the identity of a foreigner?

2. I plan to visit HK this weekend and wonder if there's anything I could do for helping my brother to take part in this program. Should I go to those centers joining ChinaSCINet? Or should I take the case history, the anamnesis with me? And which center should I go to: The University of Hong Kong, The Open University of Hong Kong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong?

Thank you for all your patient and support.

Jim's Angel

Dear Dr. Young,
    Thank you for all your efforts. I believe it is definitely a inspiring news to many of SCI patients in Taiwan. We will go to these two hospitals knowing more details.
    Jim's Angel

Good luck and keep the rest of us updated!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Angel
    Dear suoz,
    We would never go to China to take any kind of medical treatments. We know the quality well.

All the best,
    Jim's Angel
    Jim'sAngel, you say would never go to China for treatment. Are medical treatments in China so poor?

Do you base this on personal experience?

Thanks, best wishes to you and your bro
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf
    Jim'sAngel, you say would never go to China for treatment. Are medical treatments in China so poor?

Do you base this on personal experience?

Thanks, best wishes to you and your bro
    Well, yes, it's just because of my own experience and too many negative images of their medical quality. But I still believe that Dr. Young's program will guarantee that the standard of those China medical centers joined in is qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Jim's Angel,

We have just accepted two centers in Taiwan into ChinaSCINet: the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and the National Taiwan University. They should be starting the observational trial soon.

Wise.
    Dear Dr. Young,

To know more about the details, today we went to Chang Gung Memorial Hospital seeing one of the doctors in Neurosurgery. But it seems that he didn't get updated about this. May I know which department or any doctor in charge of this program in Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and the National Taiwan University? It will definitely help us. Thank you so much.

Jim's Angel