Thread: Detainee Paralyzed During Torture in Israeli Prison

Detainee Paralyzed During Torture in Israeli Prison

http://www.imemc.org/content/view/21557/1/

Every Palestinian detainee has their own story of the horrors of being held in Israeli detention, but in the case of detainee Luay Al Ashqar, 28, from Saida village, near Tulkarem (in the northern part of the West Bank), the result and the outcome are clearly apparent on his body, which has been paralyzed due to Israeli torture. Al Ashqar is currently in Majeddo prison after the Israeli Salim military court sentenced him for 26 months.

Here is his story, in his own words, of how he became paralyzed:

“During interrogation, I was seated on a chair, my back was bent backwards, and my head nearly reached my legs (a common torture technique used by Israeli interrogators that has been documented by human rights groups and condemned on multiple occasions). Then an intelligence officer who was interrogating me started pressing hard on my chest, he pressed twice at first, and on the third time my back cracked and i felt that something big had happened, that something broke....I immediately had the feeling that something had been taken away from me.
    Last edited by dogger; 09-19-2006 at 07:16 PM. Reason: To comply with CareCure's policy on Copyright
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Symmetry , I have edited your post to comply with CareCure's policy on Copyright . Please do not post entire articles . The policy is a topic which is a sticky at the top of this forum .

In my opinion this thread will possibly turn political . If/when it does , it will be moved .
    Last edited by dogger; 09-19-2006 at 07:32 PM.
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

Whatever happened to the soldiers that were kidnapped by Hezbollah? Were they treated well? Or were they tortured to death?

whole articles

Quote Originally Posted by dogger
    Symmetry , I have edited your post to comply with CareCure's policy on Copyright . Please do not post entire articles . The policy is a topic which is a sticky at the top of this forum .

In my opinion this thread will possibly turn political . If/when it does , it will be moved .
    i don't mind it being moved to the politics section.....but i should note that i've seen a number of articles posted on the forums in their entirety, seems that if there's a rule against it, it should be uniformly enforced.
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” -- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Luay Al Ashqar

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad
    Whatever happened to the soldiers that were kidnapped by Hezbollah? Were they treated well? Or were they tortured to death?
    Luay Al Ashqar, the man paralyzed by torture, is not Lebanese or connected in any way to Hezbollah. He is Palestinian. Palestinians are different people from the Lebanese people, their relation to Israel is an entirely different relationship than that of the Lebanese (Palestinians live in occupied territories under Israeli occupation, while Lebanon is a separate, sovereign nation).

It is no good that this man was paralized by tourture while in prison. It is very sad and very disturbing to read such things.

My reason for asking how the Israeli soldiers were treated by Hezbollah is because Hamas and Hezbollah though two distinct orginizations have a very close relationship. They learn and work with each other very closely. I wondered if Hezbollah and Hamas had ever delt such violence to Israelis. How common is this type of thing in the three countries?

It is a horrible, gut-wrenching thing to have happened, no matter who else does it. It is even worse when it is state-sponsored. It is unlikely that the perpetrators will ever be brought to justice.
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by symmetry
    Luay Al Ashqar, the man paralyzed by torture, is not Lebanese or connected in any way to Hezbollah. He is Palestinian. Palestinians are different people from the Lebanese people, their relation to Israel is an entirely different relationship than that of the Lebanese (Palestinians live in occupied territories under Israeli occupation, while Lebanon is a separate, sovereign nation).

so called palastinians (bastards of there own home countries) are them people who strap dynomite to there children before sending them to play in Israel right?