Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weightlifting

BTW, unless your PT is an athletic training major in college than they dont know anything about lifting. A lot of PT/trainers dont know anything about lifting from a chair.

Use common sense and youll be fine. No need to waste time and money visiting a PT.

-Jeff.
    IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by musclebeach
    I lift 4 days a week. Anymore than that for just upper body is overkill or overtraining.

Im doing the USA Wheelchair Championships on October 7th. About one and a half weeks ago I was at 5.1% bf using three site (chest, tricep, and subscap), Im measuring again this Sat (2 weeks out).

Anyway, start lifting and let us know how it goes! Let me know if you decide to get into Wheelchair Bodybuilding. Check out www.wheelchair-bodybuilding.com

-Jeff.
    Dude, that's so awesome man. Have any pictures? And I would NEVER hire a PT, I've seen them in the gym trying to help some people and most of them SUCK. Also, like you said, they don't know jack shit about being in a wheelchair so they'd probably mess me up somehow. I know exactly how to lift, diet, not overtrain, etc.... I've been lifting for 5 years. I'm just a bit scared of going to the gym and falling when transferring from my wheelchair to something else. Also, do you workout with someone? If so, can you by yourself? I find that I get the best workout when I'm bymyself but if I have to lift with someone I will. Thanks, guys