Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Accessable Vacation Destinations Worldwide

We have this apartment in Lucca Tuscany all on one level with its own level terrace with panoramic views, the road to the apartment is uneven . http://www.tuscanyfinerentals.com/tu...ide-apartment/

Delighted to give further information as its ours and we can let you know all about it. Ciao Gary & Claudia

not sure if this place has been mentioned but if i could afford it now id be there as soon as greece was a bit more stable
    http://www.eria-resort.gr/index.php?lang=en

ADA 'cabin' at Lafayette Blue Springs State Park, near Mayo, Florida
    My family and I just spent three nights at this beautiful place, which has an elevator
    ( weight capacity 750 pounds) a large bathroom with roll-in shower including fold-down shower bench, linens and towels included, really too many amenities to mention, but the most wonderful is a huge screened porch overlooking the Suwaneee River: http://www.floridastateparks.org/laf...fm?viewphoto=2
    The park also has an extensive ramp with switchbacks that goes from the top of the bluff
    down to the natural spring which spills into the Suwanee. There are places to fish and there are outdoor outfitters nearby which may be able to help with kayak or canoe plans.

Hi all! We have an accessible condo on Mt. Crested Butte in Crested Butte, Colorado. My husband is a T-6 Para and we have 5 kids. We invested back in 2006 because it was so hard for us to find something accessible for a large family with a kitchen that wouldn't break the bank! Travel agents always wanted to put us in hotel rooms which made making dinner impossible and we can't afford to eat out. It has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Take a look at our VRBO site.
    http://www.vrbo.com/328276
    Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
    Harvey Fierstein

Hi Everyone!

We are new here on CareCure Community.

For those of you who might not be familiar with our organisation, Spinal Injuries Scotland (SIS) is a charity providing information, advice and support to new and long-term spinal cord injured people, their relatives and friends, along with those involved in their management, care and rehabilitation across Scotland.

We?d like to share some information with you all about one of our on-going projects, Clober Farm. A long-term supporter of our charity bequeathed SIS a lower cottage flat in a larger property to be used to support those with a Spinal Cord injury.
    The cottage flat has been substantially extended and adapted both inside and out to create a fantastic fully accessible property.
    Clober Farm is in Milngavie (near Glasgow). It makes it an ideal location to explore Loch Lomond and The Trossachs, as well as the cities of Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Clober Farm Features:
    Level access throughout
    Open plan kitchen/living area with patio doors leading to accessible garden
    Three bedrooms - two of which are wheelchair accessible, sleeping 5-6
    Tracking hoist, height adjustable profiling bed with air mattress
    Ensuite wetroom with shower chairs
    Fully accessible kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave, induction hob and oven
    Washing machine - Wi-Fi internet access - Private parking - Dish washer
    Pet welcome

For more information and to enquire about availability visit: www.cloberfarm.co.uk

Last edited by Spinal Injuries Scotland; 10-02-2015 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Updating Photos

Hi,
    I also have a tipp for accessable holidays.
    4 years back I spent some time in Dublin, Ireland. My parents came to visit me. My mother has to use a wheelchair.
    Since I was there already I could check out the city beforehand, if it was OK for her to navigate with the wheelchair. I have to say, I was very impressed. Basically the whole city, starting with the airport, down to buses, tourist attractions and even the smallest pubs are accessable by wheelchair, have toiletts that can be reached by wheelchair and everything. We could visit everything we wanted without having to think about how to get my mother inside. Everything was prepared for disabled people. Sometimes it is not obvious at first. For example in one caf? the public toilet was down a flight of stairs, but when we asked the staff they led us to an elevator normally used by the staff and got us to a toilett that was accessable for wheelchairs.
    I can only recommend a trip to this city. It is a very beautiful and historic city.

Cuba, Cayo Coco, Memories Caribbe

Hi,
    I had great Vacation in 2015 (November) in accessible "Memories Caribbe" resort in Cayo Coco, Cuba.
    It is low budget 3 to 3.5 stars Resort but with everything nicely accessible as comfortable room with large roll in shower,
    all resort pathways, restaurants, pool and access to the beach with boardwalk.
    They have great accessible deck under the palm trees on the beach with bar, pizza & sandwich making hub and great entertaining crew.
    Whenever I need to go into my floater or in the water I got help from very nice personal.
    We had some windy weather for half of the time and waves that made water looks muddy.
    To summarize - great entertainment, good beach, clean place (also with lot of flowers), good cold beer,
    but not so great food, bad internet, ....overall, friendly place, accessible.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Dominican Republic-Be Live Canoa Resort with Tiralo2 Beach chair

Me again,
    I have spent a week before Christmas (2016) with my Family in Dominican Republic "Be Live Canoa", Bayahibe Resort.
    Beach is beautiful, all accessible, boardwalk into beach...
    Major surprise for me was to find dedicated handicap area on the beach and fantastic beach chair Trialo2.
    I was really enjoying this vacation!
    Personal there is very friendly, ready to help, to put me into chair and in nice, warm water.
    Chair was very stable in the water (I am 6'3" and 220 Lbs) ...no troubles...no waves, calm water.. beautiful.
    Resort is not high class, maybe 3.7 from 1 to 5. Food was Ok. People very friendly.
    Be careful when ask for wheelchair accessible room to insist on shower accessible room....
    Excursions to Saona and Catalina island, unfortunately not accessible.
    One of the best beaches, clean, warm water, ok food, bad internet, friendly, accessible, beach chair!!!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by comad View Post
    Me again,
    I have spent a week before Christmas (2016) with my Family in Dominican Republic "Be Live Canoa", Bayahibe Resort.
    Beach is beautiful, all accessible, boardwalk into beach...
    Major surprise for me was to find dedicated handicap area on the beach and fantastic beach chair Trialo2.
    I was really enjoying this vacation!
    Personal there is very friendly, ready to help, to put me into chair and in nice, warm water.
    Chair was very stable in the water (I am 6'3" and 220 Lbs) ...no troubles...no waves, calm water.. beautiful.
    Resort is not high class, maybe 3.7 from 1 to 5. Food was Ok. People very friendly.
    Be careful when ask for wheelchair accessible room to insist on shower accessible room....
    Excursions to Saona and Catalina island, unfortunately not accessible.
    One of the best beaches, clean, warm water, ok food, bad internet, friendly, accessible, beach chair!!!
    Are you saying that the personnel at the hotel helped you get in and out of the beach chair? I am just wondering because I sometimes travel with a Quad and I can't help him, obviously, but always have found that hotel people are too scared or are not permitted to help. You also said that you got help from hotel personnel when you went to Cuba too. Cuba is our next trip and I would definitely book the place where you stayed if the hotel people would help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Califanna View Post
    Are you saying that the personnel at the hotel helped you get in and out of the beach chair? I am just wondering because I sometimes travel with a Quad and I can't help him, obviously, but always have found that hotel people are too scared or are not permitted to help. You also said that you got help from hotel personnel when you went to Cuba too. Cuba is our next trip and I would definitely book the place where you stayed if the hotel people would help us.
    Hi, Yes, they will help you...remember to tip from time to time (from $2 to $5) and joke with them - there is "Entertainment crew" on the beach all the time and you can always find someone to help you. Entrance to the beach - beginning of boardwalk is steep but there is always someone.
    I would say - if you expect little more luxury and super nice food - please, find some other resort.
    I heard about nice accessible places even more south in Holguin, but never went there.
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine