Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Accessable Vacation Destinations Worldwide

Hi - we have a wheelchair accessible beach house on Long Beach Island, NJ available for rent. If you are interested, please see our site with pictures and more info. Thanks.

http://sites.google.com/site/24jacqueline/

I think I am headed to Vancouver in a couple of months, can't wait!

I love to travel in Stakendorf. I think this coming holiday we will go there again.

Depending on your budget Ireland is a beautiful country to visit with magnificent scenery, friendly people and in Dublin a major European city that houses many treats. You can see options for wheelchair accessible trips at Accessible Ireland (I dont have enough posts to submit the link, apologies).

Yosemite Park and Napa

I just got back from Yosemite and Napa. The lifetime national Park Passis available at the entrance, just bring proof of permanent disability. All the shuttle buses in Yosemite are now wheelchair accessible, even the trams at Mariposa Grove. Be sure to bring a poncho with you when you visit the waterfalls, especially for the path to Bridal Veil Falls which is very steep near its end and is covered by a stream of water or about an inch deep. The paths up to mirror Lake are not paved but I had no problems in my power chair.
    We stayed at the Tenaya Lodge which is partially accessible although their idea of a roll in shower is one with a 3 inch barrier.

In that all the wineries are accessible. We stayed at the Silverado Resort and the people there really tried to make everything accessible and enjoyable for me. They have a lift to get into the swimming pool but had never tested it until I came and it pulled out of the concrete. I am sure it will be fixed immediately.

I recommend this trip highly

Thumbs up I Love Yosemite

Quote Originally Posted by cgerstle View Post
    I just got back from Yosemite and Napa. The lifetime national Park Passis available at the entrance, just bring proof of permanent disability. All the shuttle buses in Yosemite are now wheelchair accessible, even the trams at Mariposa Grove. Be sure to bring a poncho with you when you visit the waterfalls, especially for the path to Bridal Veil Falls which is very steep near its end and is covered by a stream of water or about an inch deep. The paths up to mirror Lake are not paved but I had no problems in my power chair.
    We stayed at the Tenaya Lodge which is partially accessible although their idea of a roll in shower is one with a 3 inch barrier.

In that all the wineries are accessible. We stayed at the Silverado Resort and the people there really tried to make everything accessible and enjoyable for me. They have a lift to get into the swimming pool but had never tested it until I came and it pulled out of the concrete. I am sure it will be fixed immediately.

I recommend this trip highly
    I agree that Yosemite is a very accessible destination and highly recommend a visit. I recently went there for a day trip for the first time since I was injured. I used to go all the time when I was growing up. I plan on going back and staying the night real soon. Here's more information on Yosemite and lots of photos that I took so you can see what access is like:
    Accessible Guide to Yosemite National Park

I didn't know you needed to have made a certain number of posts in order to post a link. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by U2Fan View Post
    Depending on your budget Ireland is a beautiful country to visit with magnificent scenery, friendly people and in Dublin a major European city that houses many treats. You can see options for wheelchair accessible trips at Accessible Ireland (I dont have enough posts to submit the link, apologies).
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I didn't know you needed to have made a certain number of posts in order to post a link. Is this true?
    Absolutely. It's a spam filter.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Anyone been to the Dominican Republic in a chair or have any suggestion on a all-inclusive resort?????
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Has anyone been to Budapest? How hard would it be to get around in a manual chair with someone to help? Thanks in advance.