Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Humana paying fitness center fees!!!!!woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    A couple of years ago, I opted for Humana Gold Choice insurance instead of the traditional Medicare.

I got a flyer in the mail today that they will pay my monthly dues at the fitness center in town......There was a whole list in North Carolina of approved fitness centers.

I am so excited because I havent been able to go because of the monthly cost/fees.

Now I can join and go for no additional cost at Humanas expense......I cant wait.
    WOOHOO! I signed up too! I got a flyer for that silver sneakers thing. I am joining that. But alot of it seemed like it was for senior citizens. Hope not. Tiff**

Quote Originally Posted by michtif
    . . . . But alot of it seemed like it was for senior citizens. Hope not. Tiff**
    That's because it's only available through Humana (and I think some Anthem) Medicare supplemental plans. And MOST people on Medicare ARE senior citizens.

I called our local fitness center and they said it covers my monthly fee and I can use any equipment/classes/pool that they offer. This is really good news. Water helps me alot. Thanks Cre8tivestyler. It is the silver sneakers program. I have just been waiting for our fitness center to become a participating provider. We are behind everyone else (backwoods backwards) sometimes. LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Anybody had luck with a private insurance company like Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield covering cost like this?

14 months post and still covered under COBRA through my old employer.
    Paralyze resistance with persistence.
    T-12

Jeepin, Anthem's medicare supplemental insurance does participate in the silver sneakers program, so it can't hurt to ask. the worst they can do is say no.