Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humana paying fitness center fees!!!!!woohoo

Humana paying fitness center fees!!!!!woohoo

A couple of years ago, I opted for Humana Gold Choice insurance instead of the traditional Medicare.

I got a flyer in the mail today that they will pay my monthly dues at the fitness center in town......There was a whole list in North Carolina of approved fitness centers.

I am so excited because I havent been able to go because of the monthly cost/fees.

Now I can join and go for no additional cost at Humanas expense......I cant wait.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Yep Daisy, I found that out when I signed up for Humana Gold about 6 weeks ago. Here in Cincinnati, the list includes all the Y's, plus a few other places. I had dropped my Y membership when I started school last year (cost and time factor) but I'm really excited to go back and take swim lessons with the adaptive instructor there. She was great and I think she found working with my SCI limits interesting. More than once she would come in and say she had found a new exercise to try when she was looking things up. I finally got my Humana card in the mail today, so you can probably guess what I'll be doing tomorrow. Can't wait to get in the water again!

'Bout time somebody figured out the economic advantages of upstream solutions.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

when does humana or medicare kick in??? I"m 2 years post.

Medicare should start automatically. (they will send you your card/info) when you have been disabled for two years.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    Medicare should start automatically. (they will send you your card/info) when you have been disabled for two years.
    Actually, it kicks in when you have been receiving SSDI for two years. Generally that is 2 years and 5 months after your injury.

I thought so.... I couldnt remember at this point LOL.....It has only been 17 years.....

That TOTALLY ROCKS!!!! Might I suggest you choose a gym that is "national" so that when ya travel(I KNOW you are ) you can use your membership at partner centers...This will be a nice added benefit 'specially once your daughter is gone off to college and you start your world travels that you're dying to do....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I was thinking of that too.....

Well for the here and now at least our local is accepting it which means I can get in the water tomorrow.....I love the lake but I wont miss that mudd between my toes even with my water shoes on LOL.....

Daisy, if you are a Silver Sneakers member (the program that Humana is participating in) you can have access to any participating fitness center throughout the U.S. while traveling. Find out more about Silver Sneakers at

http://www.silversneakers.com/ss/index.aspx?