Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair Bound NYC Woman Shoots Mugger

Wheelchair Bound NYC Woman Shoots Mugger

newspaper headline, not mine

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/local_story_251204440.html
    al News
    Posted: Friday, 08 September 2006 8:38PM

Wheelchair Bound NYC Woman Shoots Mugger

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- Margaret Johnson might have looked like an easy target.

But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the wheelchair-bound 56-year-old pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.

Johnson said she was in Harlem on her way to a shooting range when the man, identified by police as 45-year-old Deron Johnson, came up from behind and went for the chain.

``There's not much to it,'' she said in a brief interview. ``Somebody tried to mug me, and I shot him.''

Deron Johnson was taken to Harlem Hospital with a single bullet wound in the elbow, police said. He faces a robbery charge, said Lt. John Grimpel, a police spokesman.

Margaret Johnson, who lives in Harlem, has a permit for the weapon and does not face charges, Grimpel said. She also was taken to the hospital with minor injuries and later released.
    cauda equina

Good for her!

How lovely.

made my day!

Pistol packing granny!!!!!! Great story!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

u go girllll!

hey metro!

I wonder how she was carrying it? I'm still trying to figure out a holster that would be chair compatable.
    De Omnibus Dubitandum

Ok the image I have of the look on the guys face that was robbing her is priceless. He is going to get made fun of big time:

What are you in for?
    I tried to robb a criple chick and she shot me.
    lol
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Good for her.
    In the same vein...
    In the Oregonian this morning - an ER nurse arrived at her house, still in her scrubs, to find a burglar in her house. He attacked her with a hammer; she strangled him. He didn't survive. She said she's an ER nurse, she can handle any situation.
    - Richard

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf
    Good for her.
    In the same vein...
    In the Oregonian this morning - an ER nurse arrived at her house, still in her scrubs, to find a burglar in her house. He attacked her with a hammer; she strangled him. He didn't survive. She said she's an ER nurse, she can handle any situation.
    - Richard
    She certainly knew what she was doing. She could easily have strangled him until he passed out, restrained him and called the cops. It generally takes at least three minutes of full pressure strangulation to kill a person. It would seem that our hapless burgler attempted to bludgeon the wrong ER nurse.
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 09-09-2006 at 02:20 PM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane