Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: questions please about pain

questions please about pain

the pain that i have is torture.
    by touching my skin ,air ,blanket ,etc.i have more spasms and pain by beeing touch.any suggestions please?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

don't have any suggestions. all i can say is i know what ya mean. i guess this is in the neuropathic pain category. i take 900mg of neurontin a day but it has no effect on it.

sometimes i cringe when someone touches me. fan blowing on my feet an legs is uncomfortable. blanket rubbin feet an legs...same thing. when the bottom of my feet are rubbed, my leg will nearly kick me in the face or kick whoever is doin the rubbing.

regular pain meds do nothing for this. hopefully we'll find something to help with this one day.

maybe because the pain and spasms that i have by beeing touched i am afraid to have sex .i want to kiss a women not to hurt her!!!!!!!!!
    • Dum spiro, spero.

From what the people talked about in other threads, Lyrica seems to be helping. I haven't tried it yet because I haven't got the money to pay for it. But it seems to be working with only some gain weight and you have to use the restroom every time you eat. That's what I understand from the people who tried it already. Ask your doctor about it if you haven't tried it already.
    AstrO

lucky the sci people who don`t feel any pain like this!!!!!
    i belive that i am a rare specimen .i have seen many sci in the hospitals.no one complained of severe pain and spasms by beeing touch.

any answers,please?
    • Dum spiro, spero.

dr.huang from china told me to do more ps.theraphy because i have to much energy in my muscules.is a good advise or not regarding the pain and the spasms that i have by beeing touch?

thank you.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Quote Originally Posted by NetoAnAstro
    and you have to use the restroom every time you eat. .
    bowels? yes i rtember that evey time i ate i the urge to go , even though i empted in the morning with enemmeez
    cauda equina

where no one has gone before...SW Pennsylvania
    Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    dr.huang from china told me to do more ps.theraphy because i have to much energy in my muscules.is a good advise or not regarding the pain and the spasms that i have by beeing touch?

thank you.
    DEAR ADI,
    the ONLY thing that distracts me from my chronic EXCRUCIATING pain IS p/t. the harder i work the less the pain seems.
    TRY IT!
    LOVE,
    LORI
    P.S. If youre not on neurontin, talk to your DR., it helps with your kind of pain in many cases. generic name GABAPENTIN.
    good luck adi, let us know what happens. and KNOW WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!
    Last edited by kickinglamb; 09-06-2006 at 09:27 PM.
    Please Visit My Blog at: http://queenquad.blogspot.com

But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall run and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint
    Isaiah 40:31

Quote Originally Posted by kickinglamb
    DEAR ADI,
    the ONLY thing that distracts me from my chronic EXCRUCIATING pain IS p/t. the harder i work the less the pain seems.
    TRY IT!
    LOVE,
    LORI
    P.S. If youre not on neurontin, talk to your DR., it helps with your kind of pain in many cases. generic name GABAPENTIN.
    good luck adi, let us know what happens. and KNOW WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!
    gabapentin sure doesn't work for me.

i know we're all different. maybe i can talk somebody into tryin me on lyrica soon.

you sure do sound better lori. hope things are goin your way these days.

Adi, I see someone also suggested gabapentin. The brand name is Neurontin and for a lot of people only the brand name version does any good. It's a front line drug for neuropathic pain like you describe and it's commonly used in combination with another drug or two. You need a doctor who is experienced in dealing with neuropathic pain.

You are definitely not alone. If you haven't seen these sites yet, check out my website at http://www.painonline.org and the companion site at http://www.painonline.com There's a lot of good info at both sites. You can also check out http://www.centralpain.org It's not just SCI folks who get central pain, it can also be caused by a number of other conditions that damage the CNS such as MS and stroke.