Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: finally!!!!!! relief.

finally!!!!!! relief.

i can't believe it. i've been taking lortab for about 3 years with very minimal to no relief from this severe back and hip pain i've had. i finally got to see a pain management doc that is tryin me on oxycontin...40mg twice a day. i took my first one this morning and it's been 4 hrs. and i have no pain at all. i don't feel high, loopy or anything. sheesh, it's like a godsend to not be hurtin so bad i have to go lay down and hurt even worse. maybe i have finally found something that works an isn't going to give me liver or kidney failure.

HAPPY for you.I'll have ask my doc for that.4yrs. wow that had to suck.Congrats and hope no more pain.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

FANTASTIC! I can relate. Pain is the worst. Glad you have found some relief.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I am sooo glad this is working for you.i wish more people could see this type of thing as opposed to the "evil" part of the oxycontin hysteria where everyone and anyone seems to think this wonderful med is the work of the devil or something.oxycontin gave me back at least some of my quality of life too.i really wish these stories would hit the papers as often as the bad rap this med has taken in the media.when this med is used as directed,it IS a godsend to some of us.i certainly hope the control continues with you with the OC rollin.marcia

So glad for you Rollin........it is great to have some pain free days.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

thanks you all. 8 hrs so far an nowhere near the pain level i'm usually at this time of day.

the first thing he told me...well, after that it's addicting was that it doesn't have the negative effects on your organs like the other pain meds. thats a big plus in itself to me. i was eating way more lortab 10's than i should an getting 30 min. to an hour at the most. i was doubtful at first since i have tried so many things and been through so many dr's.

my back dr. is gonna try me on TENS in november so maybe that will help some too, hopefully.

i'm with you marcia on the bad press. i know it used to be a problem with abusers, ppl robbin drugstores an what-not but ppl that can really benefit from it shouldn't be deprived.

good for you.the pain that we have is hard to be undurstood by other people.
    just the WORD PAIN IS HARD TO BE DISCRIBED .nobody likes pain but we have to deal with.
    I HATE THE PAIN THAT IS KILLING ME !!!!!!!!!!!
    ALL THE BEST AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW PAIN KILLER.
    Last edited by adi chicago; 09-06-2006 at 07:08 PM.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Hey rollin,just wantewd to comment on the TENS? definitely give it a try and don't give up on it til you have tried using it in several ways with different combos of electrode placement.alot of peopkle who don't go thru an actual PT clinic to obtain it,never find out all of the ins and outs of what it does and the best way to use it.i find that actually criss crossing the wires that hook up to the electrodes so the signals run right thru the pain area(vs up and down?) works the best.you will know what i mean once you get a look at the unit.

while i have had some success with this on my central pain,it really works the best on my RSD burning.just ramp the signal up til the 'intensity" kind of matches between the pain and the siganl,then ramp up one more notch over that.this seems to work the best way for me anyways.it really is amazing in how it relieves some of my worst pain flares.i am relying rather heavily on it right now as i am currently off,for the first time since 2001,all anti siezure meds since my latest nightmare with the lyrica.we are "gaging my true pain' right now and mentally and emotionally,i have never felt better.the anti siezures were having much much more effect on me than i had realized.i was even going to go to my primary for a raise in my lexapro til i went off the lyrica.wow,what a difference.my 'severe" depression magically lifted after only two weeks of being off all anti S meds.

so right now its the TENS,prudoxin cream and lido patches but only in very specific areas.its a pain in the butt but wow,i don't really want tohave to go back onto the anti S meds again.who knows right?

at any rate,just make sure to give the TENS a full try before keeping it or chucking it.my ins co paid the rental on my unit for about four or five months then i was asked if i wanted to continue with it from the vendor who my PT uses where i got the machine from.at that point,i decided it worked well enough for me to actually purchse it from them.best investment i ever made tho.just make sure to go thru a PT place to get it so they can go over everything with you.good luck and let me know how it goes with you.Marcia

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firesmurf
    Hey rollin,just wantewd to comment on the TENS? definitely give it a try and don't give up on it til you have tried using it in several ways with different combos of electrode placement.alot of peopkle who don't go thru an actual PT clinic to obtain it,never find out all of the ins and outs of what it does and the best way to use it.i find that actually criss crossing the wires that hook up to the electrodes so the signals run right thru the pain area(vs up and down?) works the best.you will know what i mean once you get a look at the unit.

while i have had some success with this on my central pain,it really works the best on my RSD burning.just ramp the signal up til the 'intensity" kind of matches between the pain and the siganl,then ramp up one more notch over that.this seems to work the best way for me anyways.it really is amazing in how it relieves some of my worst pain flares.i am relying rather heavily on it right now as i am currently off,for the first time since 2001,all anti siezure meds since my latest nightmare with the lyrica.we are "gaging my true pain' right now and mentally and emotionally,i have never felt better.the anti siezures were having much much more effect on me than i had realized.i was even going to go to my primary for a raise in my lexapro til i went off the lyrica.wow,what a difference.my 'severe" depression magically lifted after only two weeks of being off all anti S meds.

so right now its the TENS,prudoxin cream and lido patches but only in very specific areas.its a pain in the butt but wow,i don't really want tohave to go back onto the anti S meds again.who knows right?

at any rate,just make sure to give the TENS a full try before keeping it or chucking it.my ins co paid the rental on my unit for about four or five months then i was asked if i wanted to continue with it from the vendor who my PT uses where i got the machine from.at that point,i decided it worked well enough for me to actually purchse it from them.best investment i ever made tho.just make sure to go thru a PT place to get it so they can go over everything with you.good luck and let me know how it goes with you.Marcia
    yea marcia, i understand "pain in the butt". but like i'm sure ya know....pain in the butt don't matter as long as we can find some sort of relief.

i go back to the doc in nov. about the TENS unit. not sure if he/she is a PT but they're sposed to be specialized in the TENS treatment. they're sposed to try me on it an show me how to use it to see if it helps me any first. then he said i can use it for 90 days an if i decide i want it, he'll write me a scrip an medicare will will pay the 80%.

i'm keepin a positive attitude that it'll help.