Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off road power chair

Off road power chair

I am looking for a power chair that will handle well in grass, gravel, dirt, etc. I am a T10. I am able to push my manual through grass with relative ease but I have sons that play sports. Most of the parks that we go to are not really HC friendly. I have been looking at the Jazzy models on ebay and just wanted to know if there were any other kinds that might work. I would also like to know if 10 inch drive wheels are OK outside or should I go with 14" or greater.

Thanks

Take a look at the Innovations in Motion, Frontier X5. Its an amazing chair inside and out.

Dave
    Dave

I have wondered the same thing going to so many soccer and baseball games.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Yeah, that frontier X-5 is gonna be next I think. Finally something that looks like what I need!... I've seen lots of good stuff over at wheelchairjunkie.com (thanks KLD)

There's a bunch of pictures of people cruising around on their X5's here.

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/ubb/...ML/011191.html

Thanks for the input. That X5 is nice, but I can't see paying 10,000 just to use once in a while. I am looking for something I can buy cheap on ebay. I have been looking at the Jazzy Jet 2. It has large drive wheels and can be bought used on ebay for around $1,000.00.

I've got a Jet. It would be at the bottom of my list for outdoor use. It gets stuck on soft ground and has stranded me more than once. Very under-powered. It is not an outdoor chair. It barely gets me around the yard...

Ric, The $10,000 is steep, but once you use it and go places that you never thought you would be able to w/o an ATV the price doesn't seem so high.

Try out this guy,

http://www.wheelchair-recycler.com/Custom.html

He has some custom designs that look like they work pretty well. I e-mailed him about a year ago and I think the off-road chair was around $3800.00 then.

Good Luck,
    Dave
    Dave

Obvious,,,,,,,,, check out the Frontier X5,,,,,,,,,,

Freej

What about the Jazzy 1121? Does anyone have one? Does it do well in grass? dirt? gravel?