Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: I will walk by the time I am 50

now what u think 5 or 10 or....perfect cure for us.....?
    pavel

Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch

RELAX PEOPLE.... if everyone would just stop bitching and start fighting for the cure it would be here quicker. I am really tired of everyone being a pessimist when this is the most exciting time for SCI cure to become a reality. MANY things are happening and you probably don't even know half of it. Does anyone ever remember Dr. Young saying that he has seen people walk out of the hospital with just a sliver of cord left?? All we need to do is to regenerate eight to 10% for significant function. I have a great strong feeling that when clinical trials start we are going to hear some great news, when the world here's the great news, there is going to be so much funding and most likely clinical trials throughout the universe. When shit gets rolling, I feel it's going to be a short period of time for us to benefit. So, instead of guessing how long it's going to take, the best thing for us to do now is to get the Christopher Reeve paralysis act passed. Clinical trials in this country would be the best thing that happened to us. Come on naysayers, face it, it's coming! Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollin Rick
    RELAX PEOPLE.... if everyone would just stop bitching and start fighting for the cure it would be here quicker. I am really tired of everyone being a pessimist when this is the most exciting time for SCI cure to become a reality. MANY things are happening and you probably don't even know half of it. Does anyone ever remember Dr. Young saying that he has seen people walk out of the hospital with just a sliver of cord left?? All we need to do is to regenerate eight to 10% for significant function. I have a great strong feeling that when clinical trials start we are going to hear some great news, when the world here's the great news, there is going to be so much funding and most likely clinical trials throughout the universe. When shit gets rolling, I feel it's going to be a short period of time for us to benefit. So, instead of guessing how long it's going to take, the best thing for us to do now is to get the Christopher Reeve paralysis act passed. Clinical trials in this country would be the best thing that happened to us. Come on naysayers, face it, it's coming! Peace.
    Bravo!

Here's an example: Dr. Borgens has been researching the effects of oscillating field currents on nerve regeneration for almost 16 years. He wasn't in a position to move the research from bench to bedside until his lab received a generous 2 million donation from a kind benefactor. He used that money to hire a company to make the device and to start a human phase 1 trial which included 13 acute SCI's. Two years later, the results were published and they were good. Now he and the company are planning trials for chronics next year. The point is that his research could not have moved beyond the lab without funding. Because of that 2 million, we now have a device that could restore a significant amount of sensation and some movement to chronics. Where would we and Dr. Borgen's research be right now without that donation?

Complaining won't get us anywhere but money and support will. Post #115 clearly instructs us on what we need to do to make a cure happen. Unless the funding deficits are address, there won't be a cure. Promising research that's ready to be applied to humans is on the horizon now. Most (not all) ESC based research probably won't be ready for human application before 2010 but there's decorin, nogo, cethrin, OFS, OEG's etc. The ball is in our court. We need to be proactive!
    Last edited by antiquity; 09-22-2006 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Here's an example: Dr. Borgens has been researching the effects of oscillating field currents on nerve regeneration for almost 16 years. He wasn't in a position to move the research from bench to bedside until his lab received a generous 2 million donation from a kind benefactor. He used that money to hire a company to make the device and to start a human phase 1 trial which included 13 acute SCI's. Two years later, the results were published and they were good. Now he and the company are planning trials for chronics next year. The point is that his research could not have moved beyond the lab without funding. Because of that 2 million, we now have a device that could restore a significant amount of sensation and some movement to chronics. Where would we and Dr. Borgen's research be right now without that donation?
    Hello Seneca,

Where would one find the results of the study that is refered to?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle18
    Hello Seneca,

Where would one find the results of the study that is refered to?
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=62124

Sound research and a couple million made that happen. No money = no research. No research = no cure.