Thread: Another Anniversary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another Anniversary

It's been 3 years today. God. I went for a drive and I had to pull over and scream and cry because all the memories from that night came a flooding back. I think i must just block them out all other days but today.
    I had almost forgotten untill I saw my friend that was in the crash with me this morning at school. I feel so much older now than I did before the crash, but it seems like only yesterday that I was healthy and "normal".
    ugh ack blah.
    Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
    Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by ButtMonkey
    It's been 3 years today. God. I went for a drive and I had to pull over and scream and cry because all the memories from that night came a flooding back. I think i must just block them out all other days but today.
    I had almost forgotten untill I saw my friend that was in the crash with me this morning at school. I feel so much older now than I did before the crash, but it seems like only yesterday that I was healthy and "normal".
    ugh ack blah.
    I so wish there was something I could write that would make it different, easier, better. But the only thing of truth that I can say is that I love you.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

I'm sorry you're so down. If I can name one positive aspect to SCI, you met us. Yeah, I know. It's a shitty consolation. Here's to better days ahead for you.

Exclamation

Ah, ButtMonkey, it sure does suck but you've shown more determination and adjustment since being post than I did in the first two decades. You have done and will continue to do, very well...and you are loved.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

You are healthy and normal.

Because of your injury you are smarter and have more insight
    into the human heart, mind and soul than you would have ever had.

And you're kinda easy easy on the eyes too

Deep Breath -In with Jesus
    Exhale - Out with Satan

You're home.

Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

Todd kind of hits the nail on the head. The ONLY thing I would miss if I could turn the clock back is friends from rehab and friends I've met here......mind you, if I COULD turn the clock back I'd drop you all faster than I usually drop my keys when I'm late for work.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Hugs and prayers,

Teena

Hi ButtMonkey,

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Injury dates are hard to forget and can bring back bad memories.

My anniversary is July 22. This year I didn't realize that it had passed until mid August. It just slipped my mind. Must be the gabapentin or old age.

Hope you're feeling better. FWIW, you still look hot to me.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by ButtMonkey
    ugh ack blah.
    Anniversaries can be tough. *hugz*
    Daniel