Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Wal-Mart Goes Gay

  1. #1
    Senior Member roshni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,496

    Wal-Mart Goes Gay

    An ‘unsavory alliance?’ (Gay)
    Wal-Mart’s gay biz partnership angers conservatives


    WAL-MART’S DECISION TO link with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is expected to open doors to gay-owned business suppliers, but the deal sparked a backlash from religious groups that called the partnership an “unsavory alliance.”

    Link: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2006/...ctionalert.cfm

  2. #2
    Thats Awesome! I hope they have a Gay Day like Disney does! Woop woop!!

  3. #3
    My brother is gay and it makes no difference to me who he wants to be with, intimately and otherwise. I love him no matter what lifestyle he chooses. Normally you wouldn't even suspect that he's gay but get a few beers in him and he can do the gay sexual dancing and acting out thing. Before my SCI I'd gotten into a few scrapes protecting him. I'm the younger brother but (was) the tougher one. You shouldn't flame in a straight sportsman or cowboy bar or you're just looking for trouble. And there are only too many straight guys, especially if they're drunk, who are very willing to oblige.

    I'm bothered when a group of flaming activist gay men and lesbian women want their own special "section" in such things as NYC's Saint Paddy's Day parade and the like. It's a parade for the general public to view that celebrates a Saint, not an opportunity for some troublemaking gay activists and their loyal following to rain on someone else's parade and turn it into a political and a "thumb in yer eye" event.

    And even having a special gay and lesbian day at Disney World and Disneyland strikes a sour chord with me. Disney World/Land are places where families bring their children and for them to see openly flaming gay men parade around in outrageously sexual outfits (asscheeks exposed, wearing tiny thongs and fake boobs etc.) and holding each other by the ass seems to be out of place and out of line. A family with young kids can unwittingly plan their yearly vacation during the Disney Gay Day or weekend and have it turn into an expensive disaster. If gays and lesbian who are "normally" dressed want to hold hands in public at Disney World I guess that's okay. But there always seems to be those who have to blatantly flaunt their sexuality in public as though it's a badge of honor and use it as an "in your face" assault for its shock value.

    If gay men and lesbian women want to get a legal permit and hold a gay parade or have a gay pride day that's fine by me. Families can keep their children home and away from that sort of public exhibition. Personally I find the gay parade they hold in San Francisco every year to be hilarious. Some of those outfits are just a scream. But IMO, there's a time and place for everything and Disney World and Disneyland doesn't seem to be the right place. Plus they're privately owned so shouldn't be forced to host an event that is not suitable for children.

    Didn't Disney World stop the Gay Day thing for awhile and then allow it again? By court order or pressure from the gay community?

    I've never heard of a Heterosexual Day Parade.

    How does mom and dad explain this to their 8 or 9 year old?


    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by bob clark

    How does mom and dad explain this to their 8 or 9 year old?


    What, nothing about your six year old greyhound's misbehaviors? We're feeling left out and cheated.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    What, nothing about your six year old greyhound's misbehaviors? We're feeling left out and cheated.
    Hi Steve,

    My greyhound is 42 in people years and knows the difference between a straight and gay kennel so dresses and behaves accordingly. When at home, if the misbehavior of urinating on the carpeting is some type of untoward sexual "water sport" fetish, an appropriate punishment would definitely be in order!

    When participating in a legally sanctioned canine gay parade as in San Francisco, the below apparel would be perfectly appropriate. But would be totally inappropriate at Disney World here in Florida with puppies scampering about. Lest we forget that politically speaking CA is a Blue or Democrat state while FL is a Red or Republican state. Lotta Bible thumping going on down here.



    When participating in the NYC's Saint Paddy's Day Parade this festive attire would be appropriate since it is in sync with the theme of the event and enhances, not detracts from it. And is suitable for dogs of all ages.



    Off topic, but do you get the Sundance Channel?
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by bob clark



    When participating in the NYC's Saint Paddy's Day Parade this festive attire would be appropriate since it is in sync with the theme of the event and enhances, not detracts from it. And is suitable for dogs of all ages.



    Off topic, but do you get the Sundance Channel?
    Bob, LOL on the whole doggie do/don't bit.

    No HD feed of any kind = no Sundance Channel.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by roshni
    An ‘unsavory alliance?’ (Gay)
    Wal-Mart’s gay biz partnership angers conservatives

    WAL-MART’S DECISION TO link with the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce is expected to open doors to gay-owned business suppliers, but the deal sparked a backlash from religious groups that called the partnership an “unsavory alliance.”

    Link: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2006/...ctionalert.cfm
    What a bummer that the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce would want to be associated with Wal-Mart.
    It seems suspiscious that Wal-Mart would try to do something seemingly good... must be part of some greater evil plan.
    Don't think of yourself as an ugly person, just a beautiful monkey.
    Always remember: if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

  8. #8
    Senior Member justadildo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    rocky mountain high
    Posts
    1,396
    they wouldn't need their own "special section" as it was put, if others didn't openly discriminate against them..... and it's not like wal-mart is putting in a "gay and lesbian products aisle" .....whats to explain to the 8 or 9 year old?...explaining different sexual orientation is part of parenting.......

  9. #9
    Senior Member artsyguy1954's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by ButtMonkey
    What a bummer that the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce would want to be associated with Wal-Mart.
    It seems suspiscious that Wal-Mart would try to do something seemingly good... must be part of some greater evil plan.
    Groan, more Wal-mart bashing. What's wrong with Wal-mart. I don't get it.
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

    'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by justadildo
    they wouldn't need their own "special section" as it was put, if others didn't openly discriminate against them..... and it's not like wal-mart is putting in a "gay and lesbian products aisle" .....whats to explain to the 8 or 9 year old?...explaining different sexual orientation is part of parenting.......
    I couldn't have said it better myself. It is absolutely a part of parenting. I live with my fiance, my sister and her two kids also live with us. She explains that we are together, and that there is nothing wrong with it. Besides, it's not as if being gay is a decision. Thanks, Tiff***

Similar Threads

  1. Concerns for gay athletes at Rutgers
    By bigbob in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2004, 09:47 PM
  2. Quit Smoking and Your Whole Body Will Thank You
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 01:22 PM
  3. How the Fab 5 made me over
    By Jim in forum Life
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •